+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When should I move to Ontario after OINP HCP?

Jan 25, 2024
Hey everyone, I have a question about when it’s best to move to Ontario after being granted Permanent through OINP Human Capital Priorities? I am currently in a different province and waiting for my PR card, eCoPR is available for download.

The official guidance is: “you must intend to live in Ontario after you’re granted permanent residence.”
Does it mean I should be in Ontario on Day 1 of getting my PR or earlier, later possibly? Is 6 months after getting the PR card okay, for example?

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Hey everyone, I have a question about when it’s best to move to Ontario after being granted Permanent through OINP Human Capital Priorities? I am currently in a different province and waiting for my PR card, eCoPR is available for download.

The official guidance is: “you must intend to live in Ontario after you’re granted permanent residence.”
Does it mean I should be in Ontario on Day 1 of getting my PR or earlier, later possibly? Is 6 months after getting the PR card okay, for example?
Personally I think 6 months is way to long. Your are given a chance here, I say, move as soon as possible, don't delay. If you wait 6 months, that to me is no serious intention.

Reactions: purehistorian777