+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

when should I expect to receive PR card?

Justincase

Jul 30, 2010
was approved for permanent residency on August 5th under in-land spousal sponsorship at Scarborough office . everyone there was told that we should receive PR card in 6 weeks ..today i read 8 weeks on the paper that came along with it

you guy are probably thinking whats wrong with this guy .. he should be happy that he atleast got approved..

I am infact very happy but i havent been back home for about 17years cus i couldnt go due to immigration issues in US and here and havent seen my family for over 7 years ...

really want to go back as soon as i can ...need to book seat and start preparing :D

And i want to wish everyone here good luck and hope it all works out for you guys :D

R

robrod

Your card should be arriving in 49 days, according to the timeline on e-cas which was updated today...
So, how was your experience on your Confirmation of Permanent Residence appointment at Scarborough?, did you have the Examination Interview everyone appears to be having on that day?... That's where I'm headed for landing once I receive the COPR appointmente letter from there... but most importantly, how long did it take you to receive the COPR appointment letter from Scarborough after you received the Approval letter from Vegreville??... Thx for your input.

vinz

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 7, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb. 15, 2009
Med's Request
Dec. 10, 2009
Med's Done....
April 5, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 10, 2010
I got my PR Card more than 2 months. Don't worry I'm sure it will come soon. Maybe it's just a busy office that they need to process in a date basis.

goodluck!

Justincase

Jul 30, 2010
thank you guys for your reply

there wasnt any interview really

just asked me if i have any dependents in/out of Canada
if i have committed a crime or ever got deported
thats it :D
I first applied in April 2007 , file was transferred to Scarborough in October 2007 , "interview" was on August 5th 2010
Good luck !!
if you need any other detailed answers to when different letters arrived , let me know , i would be more than happy to be any help :D

=========
-April 2007 we filed our in-land sponsoship case in

- October 2007 was transferred to local office

-June 2009 received letter from local office (almost after 1 yr and 8 months of transfer date ) asking to submit pay stubs, passport copies, bank statements , bills etc

-August 2009 received letter "it has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status......however a final decision will not be made until all the remaining requirements of becoming permanent resident have been met.."

- August 2009 (again) received letter asking to do medical exam for second time (1st one was when i submitted app in Apr 07) , plus fingerprints for back ground check, and "right to be permanent residence fee "

R

robrod

No, I am mistaken, Justincase... Disregard all that stuff I wrote.. Your case was different from mine. You received your last 2 letters from Scarborough as you clearly state your file was transfered to Scarborough since 2007... So, Vegreville was not involved anymore, it was all Scarborough...
Thank you again and congrats!, your PR card should arrive in 9 days, according to the timeline...

R

robrod

You bet, man!... Patience is what we all need... Waiting and waiting, sometimes feeling that it is taking forever... And mine has only been almost a full year.. Imagine yours that took much longer or some other members' who are still waiting and waiting.... Waiting is a virtue.

pauline regina

Star Member
Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
sao paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-06-2010
AOR Received.
13-09-2010
File Transfer...
13-09-2010
Med's Done....
10-05-2010
Passport Req..
praying
VISA ISSUED...
praying more
LANDED..........
just hoping for the best...
Please !!! what does "not available" on e-cas under PR status mean???

Justincase

Jul 30, 2010
I ve booked my tickets for October 31st and was approved for vacation from work ..just have my fingers crossed =\

whats the # that i should call if i dont receive my PR card soon ??

Justincase

Jul 30, 2010
I called Immigration they said the processing time is now 51 days and takes about a week once its been mailed =|

wivina

Jan 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC- Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2009
Doc's Request.
17-06-2009
AOR Received.
23-07-2009
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Request
11-12-2009
Med's Done....
23-01-2010
Interview........
08-24-2010
Passport Req..
06-23-2010
51 w0rking days? or 51 days including weekends? Thanks.