+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

when passport is requested, go in person or send by post?

Lifer

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
We _think_ we're nearing the end of the immigration process and are expecting Singapore to request passports by the end of this year. When that happens, do we need to send the passports in by the post, or can I (the Canadian husband) go to Singapore in person to deliver the Passports for my wife and her son? If I go in person, will I get the passports back the next day?

Thanks!
-Lifer

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
Check the Singapore thread to see what others have done. It is different for every VO.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Lifer said:
We _think_ we're nearing the end of the immigration process and are expecting Singapore to request passports by the end of this year. When that happens, do we need to send the passports in by the post, or can I (the Canadian husband) go to Singapore in person to deliver the Passports for my wife and her son? If I go in person, will I get the passports back the next day?

Thanks!
-Lifer
Here is what Singapore says

If I come to the High Commission in person to submit an application, will it be faster?

Please note that you will not receive any faster treatment by submitting your application in person in Singapore. All applications are processed on a first in, first out basis, regardless of whether they are submitted by mail, courier or in person.

cat_in_craddle

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb 2013
File Transfer...
21 Feb, 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Interview........
I think waived off...
Passport Req..
March, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Before my first marriage anniversary - Nov 18, 2013
I am not sure on Singapoore, but in most of the visa ofices, Hand-Delivered passports are NOT accepted. There are chances of dismiss or mishandle so they prefer courier services.

yamayama

Jun 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad now in New Delhi since Feb 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7, September, 2012
AOR Received.
17, October, 2012
File Transfer...
17, October, 2012
Med's Request
May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
11, June, 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 30, 2014
Lifer said:

Thanks!
-Lifer
Hi there, as for as I know that you basically DHL your passport and also when you send your passport you are suppose to pay for their DHL fees and once you get your visa then they will DHL it back to u