Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-1-2012
AOR Received.
07-09-2012
Med's Done....
31-10-2011
On CIC, for my wife, it says "decision made" and when i click it.. it says that the office will contact you concerning this decision... is that what you got? cuz i don't see any emails yet.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
ocanadaguy said:
On CIC, for my wife, it says "decision made" and when i click it.. it says that the office will contact you concerning this decision... is that what you got? cuz i don't see any emails yet.
Hey,

"the office will contact you concerning this decision" is the standard formula. For the final stage, they don't send email, but letters.
If you're from a visa exempt country, you will receive either the COPR ( confirmation of PR) directly in the post, or the letter of denial. Have you had an interview for your visa? have you been asked for more documents? if you have never been contacted by your VO and you have a "straightforward application", then probably the PR for your wife has been approved.

If your wife is from a non-visa-exempt country, she probably has already submitted her passport, and if you haven't been asked for anything else, then most likely the visa has been issued and either she will get a letter to come and pick it up, or an email, or the passport mailed back to her directly ( it depends on the VO). Note that all correspondence concerning the second part of the application (from when the file is transferred to a VO abroad) is addressed to the applicant, not the sponsor, unless you were listed as your wife's representative in the application.

Good luck,
Sweden

ocanadaguy

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-1-2012
AOR Received.
07-09-2012
Med's Done....
31-10-2011
Thanks for the reply :) and yes... first they asked for proof of my 2 year old son's proof of canadian citizenship, and also a copy of his canadian passport..... then later we got a letter asking my wife to redo her medicals... that was done 1 month ago... so perhaps they've gotten the results.. I also mailed away a copy of the doctors letter saying medicals were redone... and from what i've read.. they could only ask for redoing the medicals if that is the only thing keeping them from a decision... (that was on the CIC website somewhere)... the last letter from Vienna took about 10 days to arrive.. so I'm guessing this one will be about the same.

Either way, i'm thrilled :) :) and my wife can't believe it either :) and also the "Current Home Address" changed from the full address... to just City, Provence, Country. before it said everything exactly the same as mailing address.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ocanadaguy said:
Thanks for the reply :) and yes... first they asked for proof of my 2 year old son's proof of canadian citizenship, and also a copy of his canadian passport..... then later we got a letter asking my wife to redo her medicals... that was done 1 month ago... so perhaps they've gotten the results.. I also mailed away a copy of the doctors letter saying medicals were redone... and from what i've read.. they could only ask for redoing the medicals if that is the only thing keeping them from a decision... (that was on the CIC website somewhere)... the last letter from Vienna took about 10 days to arrive.. so I'm guessing this one will be about the same.

Either way, i'm thrilled :) :) and my wife can't believe it either :) and also the "Current Home Address" changed from the full address... to just City, Provence, Country. before it said everything exactly the same as mailing address.
if the "current home address" changed to a Canadian address, then it's an approval! :) mine changed to "Vancouver, BC, Canada" when I got decision made, and it meant it was approved, as CIC confirmed that I was "living in Canada" - and I got the COPR 10 days later in the post... so congrats - you're done! :)
Sweden

ocanadaguy

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-1-2012
AOR Received.
07-09-2012
Med's Done....
31-10-2011
YES YES YES !!!! :) I am SO happy! when i mailed away my app, that was the time they started this Ottawa Pilot Program, and they mailed my application away there, and they lost some documents.. I lost 1 month of time before that was resolved... then they asked for my son's passport and proof of canadian citizenship.. when the CIC person on the phone told me that was completely not necessary to send away because I am sponsoring my wife, not my son.. that made me lose 1 month.. then combining those made the medicals expire.. so I had to do that again... and they also told me I have to wait till my son was born before i could start.. that was wrong ( i found out later)... and they told me I need to make a certain amount to be able to sponsor my wife.. SO i spent half a year working like crazy so I could do the personal earnings papers.. when that was not even required... I wish I had found this site sooner.. it has helped me out a lot!!!! I hope everyone gets their approvals soon! None of these things were Vienna's fault.. everything that went wrong.. was over here in Canada.

stevelo

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ocanadaguy congrats!

did your home address change to _city_ _prov_ Canada too? yeah we are waiting for the mail too.

waikiki

Jan 22, 2011
Seems like our spouses have done remedical around the same time! Congrats!

Sweden, die they ask once more for copy of your passport, and how long did it take from the day you saw decision made until the letter arrived in Canada?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
waikiki said:

Sweden, die they ask once more for copy of your passport, and how long did it take from the day you saw decision made until the letter arrived in Canada?
Hey,

no - they didn't ask for the passport again, they just issued the COPR with the same passport information that was included in the original application.... it depends on each VO apparently, London seems to never ask for a new copy of the passport where other VO do it systematically...
It took 11 days between the day I saw decision made, and the day the COPR arrived in Canada. But it can be quicker, since it was sent to the West Coast of Canada, and to a remote community ( where my inlaws live), so others have gotten it within a week.
The "decision made" was on the 8th of November, and when I got the COPR it was issued on the 5th, but sent on the 8th - that's the day I got "Vancouver, BC, Canada" on ecas as well....

Good luck with your application!
Sweden

ocanadaguy

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-1-2012
AOR Received.
07-09-2012
Med's Done....
31-10-2011
waikiki said:
Yes... probably within 2 weeks of each other (redo medicals) :)

NZ2AB

Oct 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
13-08-2013
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-10-2013
Is it normal to wait 2 weeks from decision made to receiving COPR from visa-exempt countries? I can't seem to find any consistent numbers on posts. Husband is from New Zealand (visa exempt) and we got "Decision Made" on Oct. 17.

NZ2AB

Oct 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2013
AOR Received.
13-08-2013
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-10-2013
Sweden said:
Hey,

no - they didn't ask for the passport again, they just issued the COPR with the same passport information that was included in the original application.... it depends on each VO apparently, London seems to never ask for a new copy of the passport where other VO do it systematically...
It took 11 days between the day I saw decision made, and the day the COPR arrived in Canada. But it can be quicker, since it was sent to the West Coast of Canada, and to a remote community ( where my inlaws live), so others have gotten it within a week.
The "decision made" was on the 8th of November, and when I got the COPR it was issued on the 5th, but sent on the 8th - that's the day I got "Vancouver, BC, Canada" on ecas as well....

Good luck with your application!
Sweden
How long was your overall timeframe? I'm hoping to wait only 2 weeks for the COPR but our application was only received July 31, 2013 so I wonder if the delay could begin now?

miyyal

Oct 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN 2012
AOR Received.
FEB 2012
File Transfer...
FEB 2012
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
03-04-2014
Interview........
18-03-2014
Passport Req..
18-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014 (SHUKAR HAI KHUDA KA)
My husband sponsored me and the status is

Decision made on Sponsorship Application Status. The details are:

1)We received your application to sponsor (Applicant Name) on January 10, 2012.
2) We sent you a letter on February 28, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

And under Permanent Application Status is:
1) We received (Applicant name) application for permanent residence on January 10, 2012.

And my Husband received original documents from case processing pilot Ottawa on August 13, 2013

can anybody please tell me what is the next step after this. Thank you