+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When I'll be eligible to apply under Canadian experience class

robin123

Dec 21, 2015
Hello Everyone

I got LMIA approved at the middle of April, 2016 for the post of Retail sales supervisor. And the noc code is 6211. I have a plan to apply for the PR under Canadian experience class and so far I know in order to apply in this class I should have one year full time job experience in Canada which covers 1520 hours work.

In my company now I am working 40 hours a week and thus I can cover that 1520 hours within 10 months.

Now my question is am I be able to apply for the PR when my 1520 hours will be completed or I have to wait until finish one year.

Pls advice. Thank you.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robin123 said:
Hello Everyone

I got LMIA approved at the middle of April, 2016 for the post of Retail sales supervisor. And the noc code is 6211. I have a plan to apply for the PR under Canadian experience class and so far I know in order to apply in this class I should have one year full time job experience in Canada which covers 1520 hours work.

In my company now I am working 40 hours a week and thus I can cover that 1520 hours within 10 months.

Now my question is am I be able to apply for the PR when my 1520 hours will be completed or I have to wait until finish one year.

Pls advice. Thank you.
Firstly, it's 1560 hours, not 1520.

And secondly, it has to be 1560 hours AND 1 year. So no, you cannot apply after only 10 months.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
istari said:
Firstly, it's 1560 hours, not 1520.

And secondly, it has to be 1560 hours AND 1 year. So no, you cannot apply after only 10 months.
And make sure when you apply the full year has passed so do not apply for example on day 360 or 364 but the full year say day 367 plus else we have seen people on here get rejected for that simple mistake believing that by the time their application gets in the process a year will have passed but reject as when they submitted a year had not passed.

Edmo guy Naveed

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
robin123 said:
Hello Everyone

Pls advice. Thank you.

yes, you must complete 1560 hours , not 1520. you must apply after one year. in mean time you can complete all your paper work , police clearence from your home country and all other country where you live more than 6 months.

rockyj123

Apr 27, 2015
Unfortunately I made the mistake of applying a little before 1 year and it got rejected.

So can I just delete the application and submit a new EE? I am on 380th day today.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rockyj123 said:
Unfortunately I made the mistake of applying a little before 1 year and it got rejected.

So can I just delete the application and submit a new EE? I am on 380th day today.
You can create a new EE profile, unless CIC has notified you that you're banned from entering Canada.

If you've already been rejected, I'm not sure you have to delete your old application.

rozannevt

Aug 11, 2016
robin123 said:
Hello Everyone

Pls advice. Thank you.
Hey :)

Sorry to have to ask you a question when you are trying to get answers yourself - but I have worked in retail a couple of years ago and am planning on moving to Canada - I've applied for a IEC but I just wanted to know if you were a sales supervisor before travelling to Canada or if you worked your way up when you got there? As I'm wondering if I should go back to retail in the UK before travelling over so I can get more experience and become a supervisor. Was it difficult finding a retail company that would offer you a LMIA?

Thanks!

robin123

Dec 21, 2015
rozannevt said:
Hey :)

Sorry to have to ask you a question when you are trying to get answers yourself - but I have worked in retail a couple of years ago and am planning on moving to Canada - I've applied for a IEC but I just wanted to know if you were a sales supervisor before travelling to Canada or if you worked your way up when you got there? As I'm wondering if I should go back to retail in the UK before travelling over so I can get more experience and become a supervisor. Was it difficult finding a retail company that would offer you a LMIA?

Thanks!
Hi

If you have a plan to move to Canada then I think its not very difficult to find a job as supervisor. However if you have similar previous experience then it helps but not mandatory. I was in marketing before travelling to Canada. A good lawyer can help you a lot in this regard though its too tough to find a good lawyer.

rozannevt

Aug 11, 2016
robin123 said:
Hi

If you have a plan to move to Canada then I think its not very difficult to find a job as supervisor. However if you have similar previous experience then it helps but not mandatory. I was in marketing before travelling to Canada. A good lawyer can help you a lot in this regard though its too tough to find a good lawyer.
Thats good to know - thanks for your help Robin :)

Congrats on getting LMIA approved and good luck with your PR application!

robin123

Dec 21, 2015
rozannevt said:
Thats good to know - thanks for your help Robin :)

Congrats on getting LMIA approved and good luck with your PR application!
You are most welcome. Pls keep in touch.