+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When I opened the envelope with the visa stamp, the sticker page was torn and all the pages were separated from the cover together.

Krnvirk

Jan 30, 2024
I submitted my passport in good condition for visa stamping but when I got it back it was completely damaged which was unexpected. When I opened the envelope with the visa stamp, the sticker page was torn and all the pages separated from the cover together. That I can travel with this damaged passport. If not, how can I affix the replacement sticker on the new passport? Please tell me this whole process

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
Which country you applied from?
You would have refused to receive the passport from VFS. They damaged your passport, you need to be compensated and you would have made a video evidence of this. This is unacceptable.
make a new passport.
Raise a webform and try to submit the passport again
OR you will need to go new application.

Krnvirk

Jan 30, 2024
India. My Canadian sticker visa is approved but the passport is damaged. The pages are all correct. A single passport cover is different from Pages . All other pages are correct. But I can travel to Canada on this passport. or not

Last edited:

Krnvirk

Jan 30, 2024
My Canadian sticker visa is approved but the passport is damaged. The pages are all correct. A single passport cover is different from Pages . All other pages are correct. But I can travel to Canada on this passport. or not
It is to find out how to apply the new passport and the new sticker or to use the new passport during the journey but show the sticker on the old passport.

Krnvirk

Jan 30, 2024
Which country you applied from?
You would have refused to receive the passport from VFS. They damaged your passport, you need to be compensated and you would have made a video evidence of this. This is unacceptable.
make a new passport.
Raise a webform and try to submit the passport again
OR you will need to go new application.
It is to find out how to apply the new passport and the new sticker or to use the new passport during the journey but show the sticker on the old passport.

Krnvirk

Jan 30, 2024
You cannot travel with damaged passport, you need a fresh passport and visa of "Not-Damaged" passport.
I have applied from India. They have sent it with a visa sticker. But the passport is damaged. But now I can't travel on a damaged passport. Now how can I get a new passport and a new sticker

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
You have to do the following:
Apply for a new passport

After you receive new passport.

Raise a web-form and inform them with passport damage situation and provide evidences

There will be 2 replies from IRCC:
1. They will send a new PPR
2. They will ask you to submit new application

OR
After you receive new passport, you can directly apply a new application and provide details and evidences of damage passport and hopefully they will approve.

Reactions: Krnvirk

Krnvirk

Jan 30, 2024
You have to do the following:
Apply for a new passport

After you receive new passport.

Raise a web-form and inform them with passport damage situation and provide evidences

There will be 2 replies from IRCC:
1. They will send a new PPR
2. They will ask you to submit new application

OR
After you receive new passport, you can directly apply a new application and provide details and evidences of damage passport and hopefully they will approve.
What kind of application will it be? Does this mean that the applications have to be submitted as the first file? Including embassy fee?

Last edited:

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
1. Yes , its a fresh application so it could be approved or rejected. But chances are that it will be approved, you need to put 1 page cover letter with the details of your situation and last application num, last visa number etc
2. No, once a sticker is issued, it cannot be copied/transfered to new passport.

Reactions: Krnvirk

Krnvirk

Jan 30, 2024
1. Yes , its a fresh application so it could be approved or rejected. But chances are that it will be approved, you need to put 1 page cover letter with the details of your situation and last application num, last visa number etc
2. No, once a sticker is issued, it cannot be copied/transfered to new passport.
By showing the visa sticker on the old passport that. I travel with a new passport. Because the old passport pages are all correct

Krnvirk

Jan 30, 2024
By showing the visa sticker on the old passport that. Can I travel with a new passport?

Because the old passport pages are all fine

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
No, if the old passport is Damaged you cannot use it. Even through the visa page is there.
A damaged passport is useless for international travel.

Apply for new application, explain the situation. Hopefully, they will give you a new visa.