+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHEN DOES PR STATUS START?

syeda

Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI,
WHEN WE WILL LAND THEN OUR PR STATUS STARTS OR FROM THE DATE PR WILL BE ISSUED TO US?SO FROM WHICH DATE WE WILL HAVE TO COUNT THE DAYS FOR STAYING INSIDE AND OUTSIDE CANADA???
IF MAIN APPLICANT CAN'T LIVE 2 YEARS WITHIN CANADA BUT HIS FAMILY COULD THEN WOULD THEY BE ABLE TO SAVE THEIR PR???
WAITING FOR SENIORS REPLY.
THANKS,
SYEDA

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Your time is counted from the time you start living in Canada. If the family lives in Canada, they can save their PR's even if the main applicant can't. The family will have the option of sponsoring the applicant once he/she decides to move to Canada permanently.

Mark

syeda

Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkCan said:
Your time is counted from the time you start living in Canada. If the family lives in Canada, they can save their PR's even if the main applicant can't. The family will have the option of sponsoring the applicant once he/she decides to move to Canada permanently.

Mark
hi,
Thanks for reply.As we land in Canada ,our time of PR would start regardless of we recieve our PR card within 2 months or so.???
Its good to hear if I spend 2 years with my kids in Canada without my husband ,who is a principal applicant in immigration ,we would be able to save our PR card.and even after passing 1 more year over there without my husband I could also apply for Canada citizenship???yes.Have i got it???
THANKS,
SYEDA

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
You have basically one year from your medicals to have your PR stamped. As an example, if you get your PR 9 months after your medicals, you have basically 3 months to land in Canada. Within those 3 months, the day you land in Canada the first time is the time they start counting toward your PR and citizenship too. To be eligible for Canadian citizenship, you must have lived in Canada for at least three years (1,095 days) out of the four years (1,460 days) preceding your application.

Mark

syeda

Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkCan said:
You have basically one year from your medicals to have your PR stamped. As an example, if you get your PR 9 months after your medicals, you have basically 3 months to land in Canada. Within those 3 months, the day you land in Canada the first time is the time they start counting toward your PR and citizenship too. To be eligible for Canadian citizenship, you must have lived in Canada for at least three years (1,095 days) out of the four years (1,460 days) preceding your application.

Mark
HI,
THANKS!GOT IT THAT I WITH MY KIDS WITHOUT MY HUSBAND(MAIN APPLICANT)COULD LIVE THERE FOR 2 YEARS TO SAVE MY PR CARD AND ONE MORE YEAR TO GET MY CANADANIAN CITIZENSHIP.YES!!!
SYEDA