+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When can i get OPR?

cilin

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Jan 2021 intake, medical passed on Dec. 16, not upfront, then waiting for more than one month. I see someone get their OPR in one or two weeks after medical passed.

In GCMS requested on Dec. 17,

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: Passed - Bio
Medical: Passed
Final:

OUTGOING
Document: Original Passport Request / Demande de passport original
TYPE: PDF
Due Date: 2021/01/07

NOTES
Label: General
Office: CPC-Ottawa
Text: Approved pending meds. R1 to 2024/03/31

eo93

Star Member
Oct 12, 2020
Jan 2021 intake, medical passed on Dec. 16, not upfront, then waiting for more than one month. I see someone get their OPR in one or two weeks after medical passed.

ASSESSMENTS
Final:

OUTGOING

NOTES
I am in a similar situation. I hope we can get the results soon. I don't exactly know how they can treat our application while all steps were passed. I think that it depends on the officer and timing for full applications who got AIP while they are working on new applications. It is clear that our applications are not in priority. Then, we cannot find a rule for the time of getting final decision. Kuldip told that we will get our OPRs soon, but who knows the meaning of soon? IRCC replied to my web form and told that rest assured that we will reflect the results as soon as possible. But, again, who knows the meaning of as soon as possible?

Last edited:

Kuldip tiwari

Aug 30, 2020
Bro many student are waiting their result since March . I thik you u lucky one who got approvals ..so jst wait for short period of time . I hope and pray for you .

Reactions: eo93

eo93

Star Member
Oct 12, 2020
Bro many student are waiting their result since March . I thik you u lucky one who got approvals ..so jst wait for short period of time . I hope and pray for you .
Thanks, bro. I have a same idea for applicants from March as me. I know some applicants waiting with everything approved in the GCMS note. And OPR is not started. I am sure that there is no clear plan for AIP holders or applicant remains from the time before the AIP era. We are all miserable applicants, which are treated in an unfair way. If the case is under review or processing or something like this, it can be understandable. But it is clear that IRCC does not have any plan for AIP holders and students remained from the time before the AIP era.

I am frustrated because I started online based on AIP. Now, the university cannot support me more while they expected students like me can travel to Canada in January. But, new applicants from Sep., Oct, and Nov got their decision, and if eligible, they traveled to Canada for Jan intake, but Fall 2020 students with AIP are still waiting. Universities clearly do not have any plan to support online students, remaining from the fall term. It would be much more difficult for the next term (May).

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria

ASSESSMENTS
Final:

OUTGOING

NOTES

Hello,

You have some patience, you will surely hear from them. There are some March and October applicants that are still waiting for response from IRCC.

Since all areas has been satisfied, you have less to worry about.

cilin

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Finally got correspondence letter and original passport request at noon today, submitted on Nov 30, totally 3 months

Reactions: Simon do

Good day

Mar 18, 2021
Hi,
My sister received passport request and she already submitted her passport. Will she receive 100% visa stamp on passport??
Or is any refusal after PPR?

Akaino

Mar 18, 2021
Hi Sir/Ma

I want to apply for a student permit visa yesterday, as I was about to submit my study visa application, the people that borrowed me the 4.5M gave me an emergency call and they have collected their money. I have printed a statement of account before they collected money. All my efforts to get a letter of financial support have not amounted to anything yet, but I wanted to use that statement of account as part of my POF. I already have a scholarship for my PhD that is enough to take care of my tuition and annual living expenses and small change will still remain.

My question is should I go ahead and submit my visa application hoping the visa officer will not query my account statement later (I want to submit it now because time is going, hopefully I will get some funds before the VO checks) or should I try and get a letter of support before I submit the application?

What do you think?

Thank you

cilin

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Hi,
My sister received passport request and she already submitted her passport. Will she receive 100% visa stamp on passport??
Or is any refusal after PPR?
If they ask for passport, visa should be 100% passed, and you guys can check IRCC website, it shows your application is approved.