+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When Can I Get Back My Passport?

Sugus

Feb 11, 2014
I have been requested and already submitted my passport to Canadian Consulate Hong Kong for visa issuance on 07 Jan 2014. It has been over a month. I want to know how long does it take to process the visa issuance normally? Thanks.

Sugus

Feb 11, 2014
Dear ChengCheng168,

Kindly advise below:
- are u also submitting to Canadian Consulate HK Office?
- When do u submit?
- hv u got it back yet?

Sugus

Feb 11, 2014
Dear both (chengcheng168 & oneandonly),

Are u both documents completed before submitting passport?? Or u hv to wait for police office document sending to visa office etc.....??

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Sugus said:
Dear both (chengcheng168 & oneandonly),

Are u both documents completed before submitting passport?? Or u hv to wait for police office document sending to visa office etc.....??
When we got PPR we were asked for passport and a new police clearance as it expired.

Here is the timeline

Nov 29/13 PPR also asked for new police clearance
Dec 6/13 dropped off passport and new police clearance which is clear no criminal record at the embassy
Feb 1/14 ECAS changed from in process to decision made

What is taking so long for the vo to courier out the package?
Could we be denied still at this point even if there was no interview?

Thanks

chengcheng168

May 30, 2012
My wife has submitted her passport for 3 months ago and she has not received the return of passport, It is really for quite a while.

Sugus

Feb 11, 2014
Ho Cheng Cheng, how about the e-checking application status? Has it changed to Decision Made already?? When is the medical check report done. Normally, Visa expire date is base on the medical report completion date.

chengcheng168

May 30, 2012
I check application status nothing change . my wife submitted her new passport and medical examination and the same time.

Sugus

Feb 11, 2014
ChengCheng168, no news is still a good news. VO won't keep our passports for life. It must be returned to us in one day. It should be soon or later. Let's wait, enjoy life and prepare things for leaving. Easy, easy...... Let's keep post update to each other and good luck. cheers..... ;)

chengcheng168

May 30, 2012
u mail box is full.............I just give u message here
I am not quite sure after my wife received passport and then I go e-checking application status has changed decision made.......
don't worry this too much because every case by case.........u will receive passport soon..........good luck!