Hiii

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there
My PGOWP is expiring in next 1st August. I got invitation to apply under express entry today.
So my question is that
1. when I should apply for BOWP?
2. Its better to do BOWP or just extend current work permit in case I will be rejected in express entry?
3. Can I continue my work if I will not get response for BOWP? I need to update my SIN and work permit to HR of my company.
4. Whats process to apply for BOWP?

I really need valuable help if someone can provide.
Really appreciate.

Adpr

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hello,
You can apply for bowp only after you received your aor.
You can apply only 4 months before the pgwp expires.
Pgwp cannot be extended you must apply for bowp incase the pr processing extends beyond the validity of your pgwp.
Once you have applied for bowp you are on implied status and thus can continue to work for the same employer.
Once you receive your bowp you need to visit service ontario . they will update the expiry on their file.
The procedure to apply bowp is the exact same as pgwp.
Attach your existing pgwp and aor and a letter of explanation in the additional documebts section.

Select work permit new employer and pay 255

Hiii

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Really appreciate and thanks for reply. Currently I am unemployed so still I am eligible for BOWP? You mention " can continue to work for the same employer" so

Adpr

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hello,

If you have received your AOR then you can apply for BOWP.
Your employment status does not matter.
Just let your future employer know you have filed for PR And BOWP , in case your PGWP has expired to explain to them that you have valid status in canada