+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Whatever happened to international students point increase?!?!

Scottygirl

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
Doc's Request.
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront (passed Dec 15 2015)
Passport Req..
05-05-2016 (sent 06-05-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
princesohal2003 said:
Not willing to spend money on pnp or lmia as I find it very unnecessary for a Canadian university graduate with Canadian experience and 9 band ielts.
You may find some things unnecessary, but unfortunately these are the things that need to be done in order to get PR (although paying for an LMIA is NOT necessary). I found it unnecessary to take the CELPIP test due to fact we were born, raised and educated to university level in an English speaking country - however, it was a requirement that needed to be done and it paid off as we are now PR. Apologies for being harsh but suck it up buttercup - it's not a given right to get PR just because you were educated here just like it was not OUR given right because we've lived and paid taxes here for 4 years. Accept the process and carry on.

nehasoni

Star Member
Oct 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not sure when but hopefully it will happen soon.

Minister McCallum on International students during House of Commons debate.

"Madam Speaker, I can say that we are addressing this issue of these Conservative-imposed rules that are causing some trouble. I am hoping to have a response in September.
I could also say, on the international students, that we want to court international students. We have reversed the Conservatives' provision taking away the 50% credit for citizenship, and we are adding points for international students on express entry.
We Liberals are working for international students and reversing what the Conservatives did."

Reference: http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/Publication.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&Parl=42&Ses=1&DocId=8459082

nagarjun rao

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
03-17-2017
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
Med's Request
12-29-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2017
Passport Req..
04-04-2017
Nice! But, I did not understand what he meant when he said "we are hoping a response in September" on the last day of September?

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
nagarjun rao said:
Nice! But, I did not understand what he meant when he said "we are hoping a response in September" on the last day of September?
I don't think he meant anything.. he was probably thinking about HUMA giving him the Temporary Foreign Workers Program report in September (maybe), which they did, and just blurted out September in error

nehasoni said:

"Madam Speaker, I can say that we are addressing this issue of these Conservative-imposed rules that are causing some trouble. I am hoping to have a response in September.
I could also say, on the international students, that we want to court international students. We have reversed the Conservatives' provision taking away the 50% credit for citizenship, and we are adding points for international students on express entry.
We Liberals are working for international students and reversing what the Conservatives did."

Reference: http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/Publication.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&Parl=42&Ses=1&DocId=8459082
+1

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe PNP is the possibly the best way for international students to get PR. Especially for those students who doesn't have much work experience, EE won't work anyways. CRS cut-off points are increasing with time.

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
But unfortunately appying for PNP is impossible for those who dont have any bachelor or higher level degrees (being one of the requirements). Most of the international students came here for a diploma right after passing their +2 grades back home.

nikolain

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nehasoni said:

Excellent find, so some kind of changes for students is definitely coming soon.

ravdawg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
princesohal2003 said:
Any word on this or we are just waiting on this hopelessly? Sitting at 464 points and have been maxed out since march. Not willing to spend money on pnp or lmia as I find it very unnecessary for a Canadian university graduate with Canadian experience and 9 band ielts.
Same situation, likely will bump up to 477 once i reach the 2nd year of experience.