+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what would you do if you are facing the same situation......

mn096104

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Hi guys,
My case is being processed at HK office, mid Aug they requested a new form of 5669 and police certificate. I sent them out with courier, according to whose info the package was received. It has been two weeks since then and ive heard nothing.

The fact HK office doesn’t acknowledge receipt of documents and before I sent out all paperwork I didn’t make copy of them nor take any photo. I kinda worry whether I missed out anything in the package, and whether they got the files. Days ago I saw post here ppl got rejected because failure of providing requested documents, but they did send out them twice with Canada post.….

My question is, if I use UPS to send out the exact file again with an explain letter to let them know this mail is a backup mail, would that slow down the case processing??

deweysmith

Mar 20, 2015
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2015
LANDED..........
29-08-2012
You should definitely not send your file again. Sending the same document multiple times will likely delay your application. You have proof that you sent them documents, and proof that they were delivered. If your visa is refused because of missing documents, they will reopen your case and resume processing as long as you can provide this proof.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mn096104 said:
Hi guys,
My case is being processed at HK office, mid Aug they requested a new form of 5669 and police certificate. I sent them out with courier, according to whose info the package was received. It has been two weeks since then and ive heard nothing.

The fact HK office doesn't acknowledge receipt of documents and before I sent out all paperwork I didn't make copy of them nor take any photo. I kinda worry whether I missed out anything in the package, and whether they got the files. Days ago I saw post here ppl got rejected because failure of providing requested documents, but they did send out them twice with Canada post.....

My question is, if I use UPS to send out the exact file again with an explain letter to let them know this mail is a backup mail, would that slow down the case processing??
You can contact VO via case specific inquiry link and request confirmation that your documents were received and attached to your case: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
This inquiry will serve as your due diligence check in case something went wrong with your docs and it will help you to reopen your case if VO loses your docs or whatever.
In the same time you can apply for ATIP and request physical file copy to be sent on CD, there you can see if the new form was added to your case indeed, it will take 30 days to get them:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en