Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
Okay, I brought this up earlier today, so I'm sorry for taking up more airspace, but ... but now I'd love some advise, please?

I mailed in my entire Family Class / Spouse application this week... And then discovered that the designated medical practitioner's office had given me the wrong proof -of-medical form. They gave me back the ORIGINAL of the Appendix "C," and insisted it was the correct thing to include in my application. So off went the application, with the Appendix "C." Then -- geeeez -- they phoned a few days later and said, "Ooops! We gave you the wrong form! We were supposed to give you a copy, Copy 2, of 'Section A' after all! ooops! Sorry!"

Now I don't know what to do.

Do you think Missessauga will just return my application to me????

Or do you think they'll contact me to ask for "Section A"????

i don't even have a client ID or anything yet, because they only got my application maybe the day before yesterday.

I now have the Section-A in hand, and could forward it -- if there was anywhere to forward it to. :(

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's my understanding that Mississauga just vets the applications for completeness; if they're incomplete, you will probably get the whole thing back.

So—my guess is that you will get the application back from Mississauga, but if they do forward it on, that's where you send your photocopy of Section A.

edit: I was somehow OK with a photocopy, but better safe than sorry.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Umm, no, the form that needs to be sent is the original IMM 1017 (also called Section A, or as I like to call it, the little green form). See number 27 on the checklist: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5491E.PDF
Where did you get photocopy from?

You could try sending the form now along with a cover letter asking them to append it to your package - Mississauga will not be processing your application for a couple more weeks, so it might work. But, since you can't be sure if they'll put it in the right place, I'd wait. You will either get the whole thing returned to you because of the missing form (especially if you marked it as included on the checklist) or they will forward it to the visa office anyway. If they do, you send the form to the visa office directly - make sure you include your client ID on the cover letter, you'll get this in your sponsorship approval letter.

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Eastern Long Island, New York
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
No, the doctors office didn't send me a photocopy, they sent me what is labeled "Copy 2" of Section A -- which IS the "little green form." "Copy 2" is specified on the bottom of the "Little Green Form," if you look at the fine print on the bottom (and it is what is specified as required if you look at the fine print of the checklist instructions, too.)

Anyway, the doctor's office mailed the Little Green From to me a few days after I'd sent in my application with the Appendix C in place of the Little Green Form. Arg.

Tho, another weird thing:

The photos of me and my daughter that the doctor attached to the Little Green Form are black/white photocopies of the color/original "passport size" pix that I'd brought in to the doctor's office.

????

I don't know why/how they used b/w photocopies of our pix. But they did.

I don't know if this will be a further problem or not. (Of course I brought them exactly the photos they'd specified.) What do y'all think???

And I have no idea where Appendix C was supposed to end up -- or if it was supposed to remain on file at the doctor's office -- because they gave it to me and insisted it was to go to Mississauga.

Ugh.

jdod

Jan 10, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2009
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Passport Req..
08-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2010
The DMP you dealt with is a crackhead. I would suggest call CIC miss and let them know what happened they are good on the phone and will tell you how to proceed.

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
it's a bit nuts, isn't it? i asked the doctor's administrator probably three times, "are you SURE i am supposed to send Appendix C? are you SURE that's all i need??" and they insisted, all chirpy-cheerful, that that was the correct thing. and this was at Dalhousie in Halifax, where there was a waiting-room full of people getting immigration examinations, you know? it took them nearly a week, and then someone figured it out: "ooops."

i'll try to phone mississauga.

THANK YOU!

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mitamata said:
Umm, no, the form that needs to be sent is the original IMM 1017 (also called Section A, or as I like to call it, the little green form). See number 27 on the checklist: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5491E.PDF
Where did you get photocopy from?
Ack! I have no idea how I missed that. Since it said at some point to include photocopies rather than originals, I think my eyes must have skipped the word "original" in the document checklist. The only reason I can think of that I got away with it is that it doesn't actually contain any medical results, just a reference to a file somewhere at CIC containing them.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Yeah, I had issues with the DMP too. They insisted I have to wait until AFTER I apply to do the medical and that they don't have the IMM 1017 form and can't do the medical for me. That was fun XD

I think Appendix C is supposed to be for the DMP. My doctor didn't know what to do with it either. He asked me "this is yours, isn't it?" and since it wasn't on any checklist, I said no "no, it's yours". And he went "are you sure?" After some nodding, he decided to put it with the other forms for the medical results, so I guess it eventually ended up with the visa office.

Good luck, hope this doesn't slow things down for you.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The appendix is designed so that if you fill it out, it has all the information the doctor needs to complete your form. The appendix itself can go in the trash after your medical is done. That's where mine went. :)

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
Since the doctor attached my good photos to the Appendix C by mistake -- and stamped them, too -- they had no more real photos from me to use when they discovered their mistake, and so they used a black/white xerox (!) on our Section As. So now I'm fairly sure that Section As they gave me are messed up, too. Yay. Not. We live 3.5 hours from Halifax, and it involves me, the baby, and the baby's dad all losing another day's work and spending another full day on the highway. Thanks, DMP!

gypsygirl

Sep 12, 2009
On top of all the stress you must have been through prior to submitting the application, I am sure you're furious and have every reason to. Maybe you want to wait until the sponsorship part gets looked at and see if they will send your application back or not. If not, once Buffalo starts processing your application you'll get a client ID # or a file # and you can just sent it to Buffalo indicating those numbers on it. Don't stress it too much, it can be fixed and it shouldn't cause to delay your application.

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
UPDATE: I'm mentioning this in case someone else has the same problem, and finds this thread..... So I phoned the Canadian "Call Center" number listed (which you can call from inside Canada), and they were able to make a note in my computer file, explaining that the wrong medical form had been sent, but that the correct form is here in my hands. Hopefully this will mean that they will contact me to request it when they review my application (instead of returning the application to me straightaway). Fingers crossed, fingers crossed!! The call center person was nice and friendly: 1-888-242-2100.

PS: I didn't realize that I already do have a client ID because I am in Canada on a "Visitors Record," which they stapled into my passport when we came into Canada in December and explained we were about to apply for Perm. Residency. This client ID is the same all thru my process, apparently. Heplful to know.

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
UPDATE #2: Ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! WARNING! BE VERY WARY OF THE OFFICE OF DR. ROBINSON AT DALHOUSIE IN HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA. I'm so upset! The doctor's office that gave me the wrong form three weeks ago just phoned, a minute ago, to ask if I had ANOTHER form that they've misplaced, a blood-work form that they were supposed to mail, themselves, to immigration!!! So now it turns out that not only did they give me the wrong form go with my application to Mississauga, but the doctor's office has also LOST another crucial medical form. (It was a form the doctor gave me and had me take to the lab next door for bloodwork; at the doctor's request, I returned it to the woman at the front desk in the doctor's office. I did exactly as they told me to do. Before I left I double-checked with the office administrator who took the form: "This is correct? I'm done? You have everything? I don't have to do anything else now?" She told me all was well. And now, weeks later, I learn they not only bungled up my application by insisting I send the wrong form, they've LOST my other paperwork.) Can you believe this?

jdod

Jan 10, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2009
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Passport Req..
08-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2010
Well thats just outright stupid of the DMP office. call CIC missisuaga again an see if they can help.