+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what would happen if fail to inform pregnancy

astrodude

Jan 1, 2019
Hi all,

My wife and I are both PRs now. We entered Canada in November, 2018. I have a few concerns about informing of pregnancy.

Our timeline is:

• Late in 2018.8: We found her pregnancy through a home test kit.
  • Few days later: We got PPR and sent out passports. Meanwhile, I asked my agent to submit a web form to inform CIC of my wife's pregnancy,even no one was sure about the baby's condition yet. We got no reply from CIC since then, even without an automate confirmation letter.
  • Early in 2018.9: We got our passports and COPR back.
  • One week later: We confirm her pregnancy after we did a B ultrasonic at hospital.
  • 2018.11: We entered Canada. At the airport while apply for PR card, I talk to the officer about my wife being pregnant, and he asked whether I had informed Visa Office about this. I answered "yes".
  • Next day: I wrote a few emails to Visa offices and submitted web form again to inform them, this time I got replies stating that since my case was already closed, they could not help.
  • 2019.1: We got back to our home country to prepare the birth of our baby.

My concerns are:
1. I suspect that our first web form was not sent correctly, and since there is no reply, I think I failed to inform CIC about pregnancy. Does this count for a misrepresenting?
2. If first answer yes, will this misrepresenting cause any trouble in the future when I sponsor my child? Will they cancel all our PR? ( I read in one report that an Indian lady lost her PR due to a similar situation)
3. Is there anything I can do now to make it up? Which office should I talk to?

Thanks a lot.

Jeff

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

My wife and I are both PRs now. We entered Canada in November, 2018. I have a few concerns about informing of pregnancy.

Our timeline is:

• Late in 2018.8: We found her pregnancy through a home test kit.
  • Few days later: We got PPR and sent out passports. Meanwhile, I asked my agent to submit a web form to inform CIC of my wife's pregnancy,even no one was sure about the baby's condition yet. We got no reply from CIC since then, even without an automate confirmation letter.
  • Early in 2018.9: We got our passports and COPR back.
  • One week later: We confirm her pregnancy after we did a B ultrasonic at hospital.
  • 2018.11: We entered Canada. At the airport while apply for PR card, I talk to the officer about my wife being pregnant, and he asked whether I had informed Visa Office about this. I answered "yes".
  • Next day: I wrote a few emails to Visa offices and submitted web form again to inform them, this time I got replies stating that since my case was already closed, they could not help.
  • 2019.1: We got back to our home country to prepare the birth of our baby.

My concerns are:
1. I suspect that our first web form was not sent correctly, and since there is no reply, I think I failed to inform CIC about pregnancy. Does this count for a misrepresenting?
2. If first answer yes, will this misrepresenting cause any trouble in the future when I sponsor my child? Will they cancel all our PR? ( I read in one report that an Indian lady lost her PR due to a similar situation)
3. Is there anything I can do now to make it up? Which office should I talk to?

Thanks a lot.

Jeff
You did not commit misrepresentation. As said above, nothing to worry about.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
it's none of their business really. they only care about properly declaring the number of people walking into the country and whether it matches the copr

Reactions: astrodude