+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What will happen if I am outside of Canada when my inland CEC PR application is approved? Family Emergency.

SteveField

Apr 5, 2022
Hello, i left Canada while my PR application was still in process, my TRV expired so i returned with an ESTA, is this still condidered to be still in status thats required to carry on with the application, im now back in Canada but my wife had to stay in her country because her children from past marriage could not carry on with school here, she is still in mexico waiting for the process.

sagar2753

Dec 23, 2018
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hello Guys

I am inland applicant from Quebec. MY PR file From Quebec is under process currently i am in india for Holiday till 16 June 2022.
me and my wife have Valid visit visa for 10 year and Work permit that will expired on 2023.

What if my PR file got Approved while i am in india it will be problematic to me to reenter in CANADA .
Please guide me :(

archit.shah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
I have the same question as everybody else here on this thread. But feels like we don't have a concrete answer to these questions. I will try to summarize the question in this post, and if anyone has some insights on these please let us know. It will help a lot of people, now that PR approvals have started to come in.

Main Question
Most of us applied for inland PR more than a year ago. The approvals are now coming in finally (yay!).
But many of us are on a short trip to outside-Canada right now. Personally I am away for 5 weeks to meet my parents after 3 years.

1. What should we do if we receive an approval email during this phase, when we our inland-PR application gets approved and we are outside Canada for a short-trip? Footnote: we have valid TRV and Work Permit to enter Canada.

2. Should we reply to the first email that we get from IRCC notifying us about all the details?

3. If yes, then would you be in some kind of risk to delay the process indefinitely? Or even refused, since you are not in Canada. I think its ridiculous to expect people to not travel outside for years, waiting for PR. (I applied 18 months ago, still waiting).

4. If no, then how long do we have to reply to the first IRCC PR confirmation email? Let's say can you wait 5 weeks, come back to Canada and then do your first reply, stating yes you are now in Canada?

This seems like a very common scenario, and its absolutely ridiculous that IRCChas not considered this scenario, when PR application processing times have risen to almost 2 years.

Any response from anyone on the thread will be much appreciated. Thanks

sagar2753

Dec 23, 2018
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hello Everyone ,
I am inland applicant from Montreal Quebec, Today my PR application got approved but i am in india right now .
I already inform IRCC that i am outside Canada and waiting for there further instruction.
i have valid Work permit and TRV .
i will travel back to Canada in 13 days,
now i don't understand what to do ,can i entered Canada with my visa or it will crate any problem . please help

sagar2753

Dec 23, 2018
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I am facing the same challenge or confusion...I did mention I am outside of Canada when responding to the first email. However, I was still getting the 2nd email and it provided me the portal credentials.
Furthermore, when I login into the portal there are NO other ways around to state I am outside of Canada, all I can do is confirm I am inside Canada and upload mail address and photo, and I only have 7 days to complete the whole process on the portal.

Can anyone who already got instruction from IRCC on how to handle this kind of case share your experience? much appreciate!
hello can i know what happen to your PR,
i am inland applicant My PR application is approved, i inform them that i am outside of canada .
i have air ticket booked on 13 june . 10 day to go .
what if i received copr credentials but i didnt open my account and went canada with my Work permit and visa .
is my workpermit and TRV will still valid to travel before COPR Approval ?
This will work ?

Kunal2020

Aug 27, 2020
Hi Friends, can you please help. I am also in same situation. I am a CEC Inland. I need to go to India because my current employer in Canada is forcing me to go back and work from India(Ending Onsite contract). Now questions is, what happens to my PR application when it gets approved and by that time i would have already left Canada. Those who faced this situation and made their way out successfully , Please guide as it will help many of us from stress and loss of hard earned money.

sagar2753

Dec 23, 2018
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hello kunal ,
Dont be stress full . I successfully enter canada after my pr file got approved as well as got COPR after week .
When you get PPR mail just mention that you are outside canada they will ask you to when you going to come back.

mostly they will send you copr login mail after you come back in canada.
your visa and work permit documents is valid till you are not login in to your copr credentials.

if you able to come back in canada it will be great.
If you don’t have valid work permit or visa.

you will get COPR in india and you can apply for PRTD that will give you authority to travel to canada with your COPR.

Kunal2020

Aug 27, 2020
Hello kunal ,
Dont be stress full . I successfully enter canada after my pr file got approved as well as got COPR after week .
When you get PPR mail just mention that you are outside canada they will ask you to when you going to come back.

mostly they will send you copr login mail after you come back in canada.
your visa and work permit documents is valid till you are not login in to your copr credentials.

if you able to come back in canada it will be great.
If you don’t have valid work permit or visa.

you will get COPR in india and you can apply for PRTD that will give you authority to travel to canada with your COPR.
Thank you very much for your guidance.

kven19

Dec 15, 2022
Hi Friends, can you please help. I am also in same situation. I am a CEC Inland. I need to go to India because my current employer in Canada is forcing me to go back and work from India(Ending Onsite contract). Now questions is, what happens to my PR application when it gets approved and by that time i would have already left Canada. Those who faced this situation and made their way out successfully , Please guide as it will help many of us from stress and loss of hard earned money.
Hi Kunal, I am on a similar scenario to what you have mentioned here. Did you get your PR and were you able to get your copr/PPR from outside Canada?

Ay_Li

May 25, 2023
Hi Kunal, I am on a similar scenario to what you have mentioned here. Did you get your PR and were you able to get your copr/PPR from outside Canada?
Hii, pls did you find an answer? Were you able to get copr from outside Canada?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hii, pls did you find an answer? Were you able to get copr from outside Canada?
Not the OP but once you get approved you will be asked about the change of status and other similar things. You need to mention that you are outside Canada and the instructions will follow to go ahead.

shygirl888

Oct 4, 2023
Not the OP but once you get approved you will be asked about the change of status and other similar things. You need to mention that you are outside Canada and the instructions will follow to go ahead.
Hi Taran,

I need your help and opinion. My TR to PR pathway application was finalized and got a letter for confirmation on September 13. However, I am outside of Canada and have been in the Philippines since July 18, 2023, due to a family emergency. I applied for a temporary visa on July 27, 2023, and my visa application was cancelled by the IRCC on September 15, 2023, due to my TR to PR application being approved. I sent an email to the Etobicoke office that I am outside of Canada and have been following up with inquiries twice about my current situation via the web form on September 20 and September 30 regarding what documents I need to apply for in order for me to return to Canada and I still have not yet received any response as of this date.

In light of this situation, kindly assist and let me know what possible steps to take or what documents are needed to apply in order for me to return to Canada so I can continue processing the paperwork till this PR application is finished. I saw some of the replies saying that the PR application will be put into an invalid status and start the process all over again. Is this true? If so, do I have to pass all the documents again and start from scratch? This is becoming frustrating given that I have waited for 2.5 years to start all over again. Thank you in advance for your help and guidance.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi Taran,

I need your help and opinion. My TR to PR pathway application was finalized and got a letter for confirmation on September 13. However, I am outside of Canada and have been in the Philippines since July 18, 2023, due to a family emergency. I applied for a temporary visa on July 27, 2023, and my visa application was cancelled by the IRCC on September 15, 2023, due to my TR to PR application being approved. I sent an email to the Etobicoke office that I am outside of Canada and have been following up with inquiries twice about my current situation via the web form on September 20 and September 30 regarding what documents I need to apply for in order for me to return to Canada and I still have not yet received any response as of this date.

In light of this situation, kindly assist and let me know what possible steps to take or what documents are needed to apply in order for me to return to Canada so I can continue processing the paperwork till this PR application is finished. I saw some of the replies saying that the PR application will be put into an invalid status and start the process all over again. Is this true? If so, do I have to pass all the documents again and start from scratch? This is becoming frustrating given that I have waited for 2.5 years to start all over again. Thank you in advance for your help and guidance.
First of all my appologies for late reply.

Did you got the golden email...the one asking about dependent, last date of entry to Canada, presently in Canada?

Be assured you need not to start from scratch. You case will be put on pause till you enter Canada. Then you will get portal request.

shygirl888

Oct 4, 2023
First of all my appologies for late reply.

Did you got the golden email...the one asking about dependent, last date of entry to Canada, presently in Canada?

Be assured you need not to start from scratch. You case will be put on pause till you enter Canada. Then you will get portal request.
Hi Taran. Thank you for your reply. What a relief that I won't start from scratch again. I actually received an email on the PPR addressed under my name requesting me to submit my passport and other requirements. Do I have to submit my dependent's passport too or just mine only. Or will there be other PPR letters for the dependents as well. Please advise when you can. Thank you so much.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi Taran. Thank you for your reply. What a relief that I won't start from scratch again. I actually received an email on the PPR addressed under my name requesting me to submit my passport and other requirements. Do I have to submit my dependent's passport too or just mine only. Or will there be other PPR letters for the dependents as well. Please advise when you can. Thank you so much.
Hi, sorry no idea about that as I was inland but me and my spouse got separate golden emails and portal request.