+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What will be the CIC response?

Blessy liju

Oct 21, 2018
I have applied for both PR via provincial nominèe program and as my workpermit was about to expire I have also applied for the workpermit. I applied for my workpermit on Sept 2, 2018 and hàs not heard anything back till now(21/10/2018). I applied for my PR on July 5, 2017 and has not heard anything based on my PR as well. They requested for our medical in March 2018 and it was submitted on March 29, 2018. Is there anything that can be done now? My current workpermit expires on NOV 7, 2018.

chandrakuragayala

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
I have applied for both PR via provincial nominèe program and as my workpermit was about to expire I have also applied for the workpermit. I applied for my workpermit on Sept 2, 2018 and hàs not heard anything back till now(21/10/2018). I applied for my PR on July 5, 2017 and has not heard anything based on my PR as well. They requested for our medical in March 2018 and it was submitted on March 29, 2018. Is there anything that can be done now? My current workpermit expires on NOV 7, 2018.

Do you regularly check the messages in your GCKEY account and emails .. there should be some updates either for PR and work permit extension........ As per the current processing times workpermit ext take around 66 days or more.....

chandrakuragayala

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Do you regularly check the messages in your GCKEY account and emails .. there should be some updates either for PR and work permit extension........ As per the current processing times workpermit ext take around 66 days or more.....
Meanwhile ....you received your AOR for your PR application?

Blessy liju

Oct 21, 2018
I always check the status and there used to be no response. All my friends who I know applied around the same time already got their PR even before their workpermit expired.

chandrakuragayala

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
I always check the status and there used to be no response. All my friends who I know applied around the same time already got their PR even before their workpermit expired.
so,do you apply through express entry or paper based PNP. If you are inland applicant you can order GCMS notes and see whats the status...It takes 20-25 days to receive the notes by email. Check/search the forums on how to order(its $5 fee)/try to call cic about the status /fill in the webform online at cic website for your queries and submit. These are the the 3 ways as far as I know to dig in to the status of your PR application.

Do you receive AOR(application of receipt-app number) for your PR app?? Its been more than a year, it doesn't seems normal....try the above ways and good luck for you....