+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to put for proof of funds?

Monkichi

Nov 16, 2018
Hi, so i have received ITA. program i have met is canadian experience class. i am currently working in canada but don't have the $12,475 available for proof of funds. From my understanding from the website (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html), people who currently are authorized to work in canada (due to the post-graduate work permit i currently have now), i do not need proof of funds. BUT what should i put for the following question:
"How much money (in Canadian dollars) will Han Hwe Wongso Sihono bring to Canada to support themselves and their family?"

arsmith1992

May 12, 2018
Hi, so i have received ITA. program i have met is canadian experience class. i am currently working in canada but don't have the $12,475 available for proof of funds. From my understanding from the website (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html), people who currently are authorized to work in canada (due to the post-graduate work permit i currently have now), i do not need proof of funds. BUT what should i put for the following question:
"How much money (in Canadian dollars) will Han Hwe Wongso Sihono bring to Canada to support themselves and their family?"
Hello,
As long as you are currently working and have a steady incoming paycheck, you should be fine to put whatever you currently have in your back account, even if it doesn’t reach the minimum. I believe I was only able to say about $6,000 CAD for that section but I am working full time in Canada so there were no issues.
Best of luck.

Reactions: Monkichi

Bello.Scott

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Just write a letter saying you not required to submit proof of funds because you were invited under CEc stream . Address your letter to IRCC.

tessa2105

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Interview........
2019-10-21
LANDED..........
2019-10-21
Just write a letter saying you not required to submit proof of funds because you were invited under CEc stream . Address your letter to IRCC.
This is unnecessary.

You can simply put whatever value you like. Even $0 would be acceptable as it is not required for CEC.

Bello.Scott

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Well it might be unnecessary but it states on the website below that ....

Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

tessa2105

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Interview........
2019-10-21
LANDED..........
2019-10-21
Well it might be unnecessary but it states on the website below that ....

Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29
It will not prompt you to provide proof of funds it you enter an amount lower than the minimum requirement for FSW. You will be deemed ineligible and there will be no option given to upload such proof of funds in your PR profile.

Monkichi

Nov 16, 2018
It will not prompt you to provide proof of funds it you enter an amount lower than the minimum requirement for FSW. You will be deemed ineligible and there will be no option given to upload such proof of funds in your PR profile.
So tessa, you suggest i put whatever balance is in my bank account and just attach a letter explaining that i have been invited to apply under the cec program that i am not req

tessa2105

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Interview........
2019-10-21
LANDED..........
2019-10-21
So tessa, you suggest i put whatever balance is in my bank account and just attach a letter explaining that i have been invited to apply under the cec program that i am not req
If you do not intend to be considered at all for the federal skilled worker stream, then put 0 dollars. You will not have to do anything further.

Some people have been in situations where they've been eligible for both CEC and FSW streams. Therefore it has been beneficial to put in a value so they can be considered for both options.

Reactions: ndoan95