+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to put as marital status

Lewalle7

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
I'm trying to fill out my study permit application to go to school in QC in August.
I am wondering what to put down in the marital status. My fiancé and I have been together for goon on 3 years and have previously lived together for 1.5 years. I don't know in the application of I need to put common law or single/never married and also I don't know if I should be worried about being denied entry for school since we are engaged.

shahidparwez

Star Member
Dec 24, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
VAC Lahore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2016
IELTS Request
02-05-2016
File Transfer...
04-05-2016
Lewalle7 said:
I'm trying to fill out my study permit application to go to school in QC in August.
I am wondering what to put down in the marital status. My fiancé and I have been together for goon on 3 years and have previously lived together for 1.5 years. I don't know in the application of I need to put common law or single/never married and also I don't know if I should be worried about being denied entry for school since we are engaged.
For a common law partner you must hold certain financial entities jointly e.g insurance certificate in which common law partner as beneficiary and some kind of joint account in some bank. If you have these types of financial proof then write common law partner in your marital status. otherwise simply never married