+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to fill in UCI?

arvind92

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
Hey all,

I am filling in the form for the study visa application.
There is a section on the 'Application for study permit made out side Canada'
Where they are asking for the UCI number.

I have never been to Canada as a student. What do i fill in here?

I have been told i will get a UCI only after i submit the application....and it will be written on the biometric letter.

Should i leave it blank then?

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
Hey all,

I am filling in the form for the study visa application.
There is a section on the 'Application for study permit made out side Canada'
Where they are asking for the UCI number.

I have never been to Canada as a student. What do i fill in here?

I have been told i will get a UCI only after i submit the application....and it will be written on the biometric letter.

Should i leave it blank then?
Once you made your first interaction with the IRCC, you will be assigned a UCI number. That UCI is your unique lifetime immigration archive number. Even when you become a Canadian Citizen, that UCI would appear on your citizenship certificate.

If you did not have any previous interaction, leave it blank!

Hope this helps.

Reactions: arvind92

arvind92

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
Once you made your first interaction with the IRCC, you will be assigned a UCI number. That UCI is your unique lifetime immigration archive number. Even when you become a Canadian Citizen, that UCI would appear on your citizenship certificate.

If you did not have any previous interaction, leave it blank!

Hope this helps.
It does help.
But if i had an EE profile...once? does it make the situation a bit different? Never received an ITA ALTHOUGH

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
It does help.
But if i had an EE profile...once? does it make the situation a bit different? Never received an ITA ALTHOUGH
No, EE profile on its own does not count toward this unless you have submitted an application for permanent residence.

AND: Even if you have had a UCI, and do not recall what was it, you may leave it blank. the IRCC triage system automatically searches for an existing UCI and verifies your details. if you had a UCI assigned to you, it will automatically re-assign it. if you never had one, it generates a new one for you.

Reactions: arvind92

arvind92

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
No, EE profile on its own does not count toward this unless you have submitted an application for permanent residence.

AND: Even if you have had a UCI, and do not recall what was it, you may leave it blank. the IRCC triage system automatically searches for an existing UCI and verifies your details. if you had a UCI assigned to you, it will automatically re-assign it. if you never had one, it generates a new one for you.
Thanks a lot good sir.