28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Hi all,

I thought I'd post this as a separate thread, to get some opinions.

If I choose to wait out the outland PR processing with my spouse, I'll have to leave my work (permanently). I thought I would time it so that when I cross the border, I'll have already given my notice (for work), but would still be within the two week period (of a 2 week notice), thus be able to truthfully say that I'm still working, and that showing a recent pay stub, and all the immigration documents, they won't find it odd that I'm coming up for a "visit" for a week. When allowed through the border, I'd then cancel my flight or reschedule it for say... five months later?

It could backfire, though. If I give my notice, and get denied entry to Canada, or if they give me a visitor record saying I must leave Canada within two weeks, and I can't renew it, I'm unemployed, and unable to enter Canada. That's a bad place to be in.

I have no idea what to do. The safe route would be to wait it out, probably, but as everyone here is well aware, that definitely sucks.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pharoh said:
The safe route would be to wait it out, probably, but as everyone here is well aware, that definitely sucks.
I would wait it out and visit on a regular basis, that sucks less than having no job.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Wait it out...it sucks....but if you come here as a tourist....you are not entitled to any benefits including medical.

There are people on this forum that have done what you intend to do and now their marriages are in a spiral downwards. Applying outland from the USA is usually one of the quickest routes anyway, with many people getting approval in 4 months.

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
I agree with angelbrat, stay working at your job while you apply :eek:utland" and come and visit. The process will take no time if you apply through Buffalo and then you will still have money coming in. 3 months is nothing to wait in comparison and having to wait that time without being able to work, or take classes or have medical coverage and be at the house while your partner is away working for 40 hours a week. But maybe you have enough money and you may be able to fill in your time....up to you :) Good luck either way!

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Okay, thanks for all of your opinions. I think the best plan is to just stay put. I'm not doing well financially (paying off debts and stuff), and just financed a vehicle to assist with my moving up to Canada. I'll be moving myself, when the time comes. It'd be best to stay employed and wait it out, unless I get offered an LMO approved position up there or something.