+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to do with GIC & College Fee if Decision of Study Permit is Pending and Semester already started?

Mr_Kumar

Feb 2, 2023
Ghaziabad
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2022
Med's Done....
21 Nov 2022
Hi All,

My situation is....

File lodged on 28 Oct 2022 for Jan 2023 Intake ---- SDS
Biometric checked on 03 Nov 2022
Upfront medicals. Medical pass status on 21 Nov 2022.
Since 24 Nov 2022, it is showing "we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements".

Today, it's been 103 days gone instead of the broadly stated 20 days on the IRCC website.

Now, College is not deferring. Instead, sending a refund of the 1-year fee paid and asking to reapply for the same course for Sept 2023. i.e. I need to do everything from scratch.

My Ques-

~ Do I need to pay the 1-year fee again before the IRCC decision? OR I can wait for their decision before paying the fee for Sept 2023? The college doesn't need the fee so early.
~ Should I take a refund of GIC Now? Or I must keep it as is?
~ I have shown an FD as well. I believe I should keep the FD as is OR can I break it without any issues?
~ Can I file another application with a different course and a different college? As I am seeing there is another better course for me.

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi All,

My situation is....

Since 24 Nov 2022, it is showing "we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements".

Today, it's been 103 days gone instead of the broadly stated 20 days on the IRCC website.

Now, College is not deferring. Instead, sending a refund of the 1-year fee paid and asking to reapply for the same course for Sept 2023. i.e. I need to do everything from scratch.

My Ques-

~ Do I need to pay the 1-year fee again before the IRCC decision? OR I can wait for their decision before paying the fee for Sept 2023? The college doesn't need the fee so early. The Fee you pay is for the course you will be studying in & the same LOA has to be submitted to your Study permit application. In your case since the Study Permit application is pending, any changes to the course, has to be conveyed to your application and the new LOA attached.
~ Should I take a refund of GIC Now? Or I must keep it as is? I would keep the GIC as is as it does not impact the application. However taking the GIC out will impact as your Proof of Funds will take a hit
~ I have shown an FD as well. I believe I should keep the FD as is OR can I break it without any issues? This may impact the funds shown in the Application as if the officer chooses to verify they may see a fund shortage questioning your ability to support yourself during the study period.
~ Can I file another application with a different course and a different college? As I am seeing there is another better course for me.
This is tricky for the reasons below
1. By the time you are ready to submit another application, you may get a decision on your first one
2. If you choose to withdraw the current one and then resubmit a new one, I am not sure if you will get a decision in time as the processing is random. You cannot expect an immediate outcome and you may land in the same original state

Think and Decide. Good Luck

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar

Feb 2, 2023
Ghaziabad
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2022
Med's Done....
21 Nov 2022
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it.
Your comments suggest that I must keep the money as is until I get a decision from IRCC.

Reactions: BA101

Mr_Kumar

Feb 2, 2023
Ghaziabad
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2022
Med's Done....
21 Nov 2022
Hi All,

My situation is....

My Ques-

~ Do I need to pay the 1-year fee again before the IRCC decision? OR I can wait for their decision before paying the fee for Sept 2023? The college doesn't need the fee so early.
~ Should I take a refund of GIC Now? Or I must keep it as is?
~ I have shown an FD as well. I believe I should keep the FD as is OR can I break it without any issues?

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Guys,

Finally, I got my Passport Request (PPR) 2 days ago (after 137 days of waiting).

Thank you to this forum and all of you guys who gave me a feeling of togetherness.

I highly appreciate it.