+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to do when application submitted and partner wants to visit?

elkan

Star Member
Sep 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2010
AOR Received.
23-11-2010
Passport Req..
13-05-2011
Hi all,
Our application has been submitted for conjugal sponsorship as of this weekend. My partner is driving up to visit in October for a week, and then coming up in December again to fly out of Pearson International with my family to attend my sister's wedding.

He is already putting together his paperwork: bank statements, letter from employer for seasonal work for November and December, and bills that show his dad's address. (This is what he was told to bring to the border the last time he crossed and was refused entry!)

I know he's allowed to visit, but what else does he need? Should he volunteer the information about our application or wait until asked? I know from reading that some people have said to show the reciept for the RPRF, which he'll have.

Also, more importantly. Our fear in December when we fly back from Mexico after the wedding is that they will not let back into Canada if he has no return ticket to the US, no employment, etc....

Advice please?

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Don't volunteer info about the PR app, but equally important definitely don't lie if asked. Focus on the reason for this visit, and when he will be leaving again. If he maintains that despite the PR application, he is just visiting, and only for a week, he shouldn't have problems.

The fact you'll be with him after the trip to Mexico is a help. I'd recommend reading these two pages; it's good advice:

http://us2canada.com/visiting.php
http://us2canada.com/visitorrecord.php