+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to choose :- Permanent Resident or Parents

surajpreet1962

Apr 22, 2015
Hey to all

We (me, my wife and my daughter) have got Pr Canada in Aug 2014. Our PR card is valid up to September-2019. My father and mother are aged and nobody is there to look after them, since DEC-2016 (850 days, we are in Canada for 365 days). Also during these 365 days we were blessed baby boy who born in Canada (Brampton), in July 2016
All these things are going smooth; I am having basic job to survive my family.
But my father passed away on 6-DEC-2016, now nobody is there to look my mother also she is patient of diabetic. We are not in the condition to call our mother on super visa and afford her medical in Canada
My question is:-
• If we decided to move back to India, to look after our mother, and not able to maintain our PR Obligation can we come again to Canada in future as permanent resident
Kindly reply soon

Sunny

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - you can reapply for PR in the future if you are not able to keep your status.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
Tough situation indeed, I'm sorry to hear that

Re-applying in the future doesn't guarantee you will get again PR, keep it in mind.

Perhaps (I don't know this matter) you could apply for PR renovation not meeting RO with a strong case under H&C grounds.

To keep PR you should try to meet RO somehow

Did you consider sponsoring your mother as PR?
Could be complicated but it will be the best option

I understand you want to keep your family together, but perhaps you could consider separate for a while, staying you in Canada working and looking for a better job, your wife and son going back to your home country.

I personally won't like it at all, but could be usefull, you can keep PR and re-sponsoring your wife if she doesn't meet RO

Or your wife and son staying and you moving back.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
If your PR card is valid until September 2109, you have some time.

You should come back before the card expires, not too close to the expiring date, let say at least 6 months

Officers could ask (or not), how long you were abroad and perhaps notify CIC about not meeting RO, but you'll be able to come back, settle again and perhaps staying long enough to meet RO again after 2 continuous years

You have several options, I strongly recommend you to research more before take a decision in order to keep PR and support your mother

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Gregor.Samsa said:
Officers could ask (or not), how long you were abroad and perhaps notify CIC about not meeting RO, but you'll be able to come back, settle again and perhaps staying long enough to meet RO again after 2 continuous years
No, if they are reported by CBSA for RO violation, then the only way to meet RO again is with a positive H&C decision in an appeal. Even if you spend 2 years here waiting for appeal, that time means nothing if appeal is denied.

surajpreet1962 said:
re-apply PR again is very hard now-a-days.
can we have take PR on previous ground...?
There is no guarantee you can keep PR on H&C grounds. You've already been outside Canada 485 days since you got PR, so after another 610 days outside (so sometime in late 2018 if you left again now) you would then be in violation of the RO and subject to reporting/revoking of PR status.

Only at the time this happens, can you see if CIC will accept your H&C reasons or appeal that decision. So if you choose to remain outside Canada you will need to take this risk. During your time outside Canada you should be keeping complete records from hospital, doctors, etc to prove your H&C case with your mother.

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
Some people leave their children behind in Canada, so that even though the parents later lose their PR, their children may be able to sponsor them to reapply for PR in the future.

However, using this method means that the persons being sponsored (parents) need to have good health. Otherwise, they may be considered inadmissible due to health concern.

Again, perhaps you can try Humanitarian route to see if it works first.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
specialmary said:
Some people leave their children behind in Canada, so that even though the parents later lose their PR, their children may be able to sponsor them to reapply for PR in the future.
Their kid was just born, so it's a good 25 years or so before they can even think of being sponsored by them, and who knows what parents sponsorship will be like in the future.