AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
second medical request Aug 20, 2013
Med's Done....
medical done March 20 2012 and Sep 29 2013
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
Wow this has been a long road for us. But finally we are close to home. We expect the letter about the date of our interview in about a week (at least that was what an agent told us)

Anyway......Im so nervous to forget something. So I just want to make extra sure what to bring to the interview.

- My passport
- 2 photos?
- A print of the email that said Decision made.
- Proof of payment of the 490 $

Should my husband bring his Birth cert? Photo ID? THe email when he got approved to become a sponsor?

Oh Please my dear friends in this forum......cant you please write a correct list of everything w need to bring for the landing interview?

Kiwi12

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived AIP:February 13, 2013
LANDED..........
December 20, 2013
This is not really an interview, it is simply a formality. When you receive your letter it will detail what you need to bring; which is the letter you received notifying you of the interview date and time, two photos, passport and the sponsor. The sponsor will need to provide photo id. They do tell you to bring all correspondence sent to you by the CIC but they only look at the letter regarding the interview to confirm the appointment. You will be asked to review all the information they have on file which will be recorded on your PR document. The sponsor will be reminded of their undertaking and they will ask you a couple of questions about any changes in the relationship and if your criminal record has changed any. Then you will be asked to sign and then you will receive a copy of your PR document and be told how long you will wait for your PR card. It is at this point you will be directed to Service Canada to get your new Social Insurance Number. You are fretting for no reason.

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
second medical request Aug 20, 2013
Med's Done....
medical done March 20 2012 and Sep 29 2013
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
Kiwi12 said:
This is not really an interview, it is simply a formality. When you receive your letter it will detail what you need to bring; which is the letter you received notifying you of the interview date and time, two photos, passport and the sponsor. The sponsor will need to provide photo id. They do tell you to bring all correspondence sent to you by the CIC but they only look at the letter regarding the interview to confirm the appointment. You will be asked to review all the information they have on file which will be recorded on your PR document. The sponsor will be reminded of their undertaking and they will ask you a couple of questions about any changes in the relationship and if your criminal record has changed any. Then you will be asked to sign and then you will receive a copy of your PR document and be told how long you will wait for your PR card. It is at this point you will be directed to Service Canada to get your new Social Insurance Number. You are fretting for no reason.
Thank you so much dear. And you are probably right that Im scared for no reason. We have had a long and bumpy road.....so Im probably overly sensitive right now :-[

Rsalgd

Nov 29, 2017
Hi we have our Landing interview in a week and I am being the sponsor would like to know what has everybody used as photo ID?
It makes it hard for me because I only have a health card I don't have a license or I don't have passport