20-11-2010
File Transfer...
03-02-2010
Passport Req..
21-03-2011
LANDED..........
25-04-2011
Hello,

I recently received an email asking me if I would be amendable to taking my test in Vancouver (I am in Victoria). I replied yes and they informed me that I would be taking the test there and they would send me a letter. I naively believed that the letter would arrive quickly because they are only in Vancouver which is pretty close. It has been a week and no letter.

The thing is that I need to book a hotel soon and what time the test is will determine if I book it for one night or two (because, by coincidence, I happen to need to go to Vancouver the NEXT day for something else).

So, if the tests are at 9am, I will need to book the hotel for an extra day as there is no way I can get from here to there by 9am. However, if the test is at 2pm, I can easily get there.

I was wondering if perhaps the tests are always at the same time?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Iamrobot85 said:
Hello,

I recently received an email asking me if I would be amendable to taking my test in Vancouver (I am in Victoria). I replied yes and they informed me that I would be taking the test there and they would send me a letter. I naively believed that the letter would arrive quickly because they are only in Vancouver which is pretty close. It has been a week and no letter.

The thing is that I need to book a hotel soon and what time the test is will determine if I book it for one night or two (because, by coincidence, I happen to need to go to Vancouver the NEXT day for something else).

So, if the tests are at 9am, I will need to book the hotel for an extra day as there is no way I can get from here to there by 9am. However, if the test is at 2pm, I can easily get there.

I think there are multiple batches per day (not too sure though). Check e-cas if it shows the test date and time. The mail may be delayed as its Canada post regular mail which may take some time. Hopefully you get the letter soon. Its always better to come a day in advance regardless of the time of the test because of unforeseen circumstances(ferry delays, weather etc).

niting80

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
Winnipeg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
2 Dec 2012
LANDED..........
15 Jan 2013
Iamrobot85 said:
Hello,

Hey. I just got my test invite, but I am in Winnipeg . My test is at 8:15 am. I think it depends upon the centre and the number of applicants.
Once you are sent the test invite, the eCas will get updated. My eCad says:

We sent you a notice on April xx, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on May xxxx, 2017 at xxx. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

Iamrobot85

Aug 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2010
File Transfer...
03-02-2010
Passport Req..
21-03-2011
LANDED..........
25-04-2011
My status on the CIC website has not changed. I am just going to book a hotel for the night before, if it ends up being in the afternoon then oh well. Thanks for the help!

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
Looks like you know the date of the test. If so, how come you don't have the time?

Iamrobot85

Aug 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2010
File Transfer...
03-02-2010
Passport Req..
21-03-2011
LANDED..........
25-04-2011
They sent me an email asking if I could take the test in Vancouver on the 26th of May. I live in Victoria. It is a happy coincidence that I was going to Vancouver that weekend anyway, so it worked out. However, when they sent the email, it only had the date, not the time. I figured when I replied I would get the time, but they just said they were sending a letter. I have not yet received a letter nor has my information on the Canadian Immigration website been updated.