+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What Part of Canada do you prefer and why??

Kevin2234

Mar 6, 2008
Not sure if anyone has opened a thread with the same topic but if i have not seen it...
Lets start with me...
I picked Vancouver. Due its scenery, milder climate, ocean and mountains. Toronto might have better job opportunities but its wheather scares me..
So i like to hear your preference with reasons as well please....

A

Albertagoverner

Kevin2234 said:
Not sure if anyone has opened a thread with the same topic but if i have not seen it...
Lets start with me...
I picked Vancouver. Due its scenery, milder climate, ocean and mountains. Toronto might have better job opportunities but its wheather scares me..
people want to make money in few first years they don't care whether they are working in Sandwich shop or sitting at top of Rocky Mountain. I have lived in Canada for 4 years. Here it is:

Calgary for Professionals
Yukon for Fisherman, Agriculture type small jobs
Toronto for 7-Eleven jobs, Starbucks, Macys, JC penny, WalMart type jobs Lucky if got office job becuase of huge immigrant population.
Vancouver for small Business, Pizzahut, seaside jobs
Edmonton, Fort Mcmurray Alberta for Oil and Gas Professionals, Geologists, geo-Science Managers
Ottawa for Federal jobs as it is Capital, make sure you have strong North American accent becuase jobwise here you compete with Canadian
Montreal Qubec, Need to have french as well to get a job

canuck

Feb 5, 2009
Right on buddy another one from the west cost/lower mainland ....you just can't find better place than that on earth so to speak...job scene was not that bad either....

A

Albertagoverner

rupeshhari said:
Albertagoverner said:
Kevin2234 said:
Lets start with me...
people want to make money in few first years they don't care whether they are working in Sandwich shop or sitting at top of Rocky Mountain. I have lived in Canada for 4 years. Here it is:

Toronto for 7-Eleven jobs, Starbucks, Macys, JC penny, WalMart type jobs Lucky if got office job becuase of huge immigrant population.
Edmonton, Fort Mcmurray Alberta for Oil and Gas Professionals, Geologists, geo-Science Managers
Ottawa for Federal jobs as it is Capital, make sure you have strong North American accent becuase jobwise here you compete with Canadian
is it that hard to compete with a canadian in ottawa. i can imagine it is because they don't want to hire non-canadians into federal jobs but for those jobs that they do give to non-canadians, why should one have north american accent? Is (for example) british accent considered not so good? i am asking because ottawa might be where i want to move and want to hear your thoughts more.
If you look at the websites and people's opinion, You will draw the same conclusion. The problem is Matured professionals believe that if they were Professional in Third World Countries, so they can be professional in Canada as well from the day one, Which is totally WRONG. Because that's the difference between US and Canada. Its all about Greatness. The founders of Canada didn't saw the dream what Abraham Lincoln and George Washington Saw. They don't have a Statue of Liberty which says:

Bring me your poor your tired..........I hold this golden door of opportunity......

How can you be a Canadian Professional if you are a professional in other part of world and that's where people make mistake and get frustrated and start blaimimg. As a sincere advice, I will say to everybody no matter how good you are in your profession when you move to Canada get atleast one Degree, Diploma or Certificate course in your profession from Canadian University. Second thing is that join immediately English Accent reduction Courses because Reddy can be millionaire only in New Jersey and San Jose with his accent. In Canada in order to remain in profession you will have to invest time and money in your profile, education and language skills. In english certain pronounciation seems to be offensive because of accent problems and also It is your job to prove yourself equal to Canadian worker not employers' otherwise you have already a option that work at 7-Eleven and sell slurpee.. and HotDog..Buffalo Chicken taquitos..

A

Albertagoverner

Albertagoverner said:
rupeshhari said:
Albertagoverner said:
Kevin2234 said:
Lets start with me...

is it that hard to compete with a canadian in ottawa. i can imagine it is because they don't want to hire non-canadians into federal jobs but for those jobs that they do give to non-canadians, why should one have north american accent? Is (for example) british accent considered not so good? i am asking because ottawa might be where i want to move and want to hear your thoughts more.
If you look at the websites and people's opinion, You will draw the same conclusion. The problem is Matured professionals believe that if they were Professional in Third World Countries, so they can be professional in Canada as well from the day one, Which is totally WRONG. Because that's the difference between US and Canada. Its all about Greatness. The founders of Canada didn't saw the dream what Abraham Lincoln and George Washington Saw. They don't have a Statue of Liberty which says:

Bring me your poor your tired..........I hold this golden door of opportunity......

How can you be a Canadian Professional if you are a professional in other part of world and that's where people make mistake and get frustrated and start blaimimg. As a sincere advice, I will say to everybody no matter how good you are in your profession when you move to Canada get atleast one Degree, Diploma or Certificate course in your profession from Canadian University. Second thing is that join immediately English Accent reduction Courses because Reddy can be millionaire only in New Jersey and San Jose with his accent. In Canada in order to remain in profession you will have to invest time and money in your profile, education and language skills. In english certain pronounciation seems to be offensive because of accent problems and also It is your job to prove yourself equal to Canadian worker not employers' otherwise you have already a option that work at 7-Eleven and sell slurpee.. and HotDog..Buffalo Chicken taquitos..
Also Canadian employers don't want to have employment blast what happened past 6-7 year in United States!! That small level office jobs like call center and help desk were outsourced to China and Philipines and India. And for high level, good paying jobs whether Dr. Patel or Software configuration Analyst, Mr. Reddy and Construction Manager Alberto and fernando? were occupied by immigrants and temporary workers.

Nicholas

Star Member
Aug 6, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ottawa can be difficult because many of the professional jobs require English and French with good diction. There is also a lot of competition and truth be told, many jobs go to friends and family. Non-government professional jobs also need French and English because these firms do business with the government.