+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What order do we do things to file outland?

Patricksgirls

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
Although we are not married yet we just started to look at forms etc. What order do you send the forms in? Can you do the FBI background before hand? Even those these forms are somewhat easy I am totally confused! We would like to start the process as soon as possible.
Also what did you say in your essays to prove it is a genuine relationship other than I really love this guy lol!
I noticed that they want photo evidence however when we were together for three months in Canada there are more photos of him that I took with my kids then us together because it was mainly just us driving the truck with the kids across Canada. There are photos of me in his truck and stuff all over our facebook pages of us talking about being together. Do I send those is? We also have video that we took at Lake Superior but it is mainly my voice and him in the water with the kids.

Patricksgirls

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
Another question did you just print out the FBI card? The CIC says obtain a cover letter but I do not see that on the FBI site

Harju

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/09/2010
AOR Received.
25/10/2010
Passport Req..
02/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
28/11/2011
LANDED..........
31/12/2011
Plan on it taking 2.5 to 3 months to get an FBI certificate (check the FBI times thread to see if that info is current), so apply for it about 3 months before you plan on sending in your application. Police certificates should be no more than 3 months old when filing so getting it too early can be a waste.

I believe the cover letter referred to is now called the Applicant Information Form. It is on the site.
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks/background_checks

You sound like you are in Canada or the US so if you go to a authorized fingerprinting agency, they should have the FBI form on the proper weight of paper and you should not need to print it out.

You send the forms in all at the same time in the order specified in the document checklist.

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
Patricksgirls said:
Although we are not married yet we just started to look at forms etc. What order do you send the forms in? Can you do the FBI background before hand? Even those these forms are somewhat easy I am totally confused! We would like to start the process as soon as possible.
Also what did you say in your essays to prove it is a genuine relationship other than I really love this guy lol!
I noticed that they want photo evidence however when we were together for three months in Canada there are more photos of him that I took with my kids then us together because it was mainly just us driving the truck with the kids across Canada. There are photos of me in his truck and stuff all over our facebook pages of us talking about being together. Do I send those is? We also have video that we took at Lake Superior but it is mainly my voice and him in the water with the kids.
Send away for the FBI cert ASAP. You can have the prints digitally made, they just cant be submitted digitally. Wherever you go to get them done should have the acceptable card needed so dont bother printing anything.

You cant send a video - they wont accept that.

Send pictures of him and the kids, and also of you and the kids and state who is in the picture, where and who took it (on the back)

Some people have done screen prints of their facebook pages.

Both applications are sent together to CIC-M

For an outland application you dont need state police checks unless they ask for them so dont bother.