+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What now? Deadline for medical exam results looming

TeAmoSweetheart

Sep 7, 2017
The CIC gave us the deadline of June 27th for the medical exam to be done for my husband's immigration (I am sponsoring him to come to Canada from the USA). We called the panel physician's office and made the appointment immediately (for June 12th) but we have not received an email indicating that the medical exam results have been sent to the CIC yet (we were told that it could take 2-3 weeks). The deadline is only 2 days away and we are very worried that this will impact my husband's immigration. Has anyone else had this happen? Is it common that the results do not come in before the deadline and, if so, what does the CIC do in that event? We have sent 2 updates to the CIC with scanned copies of the medical exam information sheet and receipts. I do not know what else we can do. I have tried to call the CIC number but could not reach any agent. What now?

Reactions: grewal90

mrs_december

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
File Transfer...
26-06-2018
Med's Request
18-06-2018
Med's Done....
06-07-2018
Passport Req..
22-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-09-2018
As long as the medical is done by the deadline, that is all that matters. The doctor's office will send the results, but those do not have to be in by the deadline. Don't worry about it.

Snowman1308

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
it s weird they don't use the online system themselves. i did mines in Italy and the doctor uploaded them online the same day

grewal90

Apr 10, 2018
The CIC gave us the deadline of June 27th for the medical exam to be done for my husband's immigration (I am sponsoring him to come to Canada from the USA). We called the panel physician's office and made the appointment immediately (for June 12th) but we have not received an email indicating that the medical exam results have been sent to the CIC yet (we were told that it could take 2-3 weeks). The deadline is only 2 days away and we are very worried that this will impact my husband's immigration. Has anyone else had this happen? Is it common that the results do not come in before the deadline and, if so, what does the CIC do in that event? We have sent 2 updates to the CIC with scanned copies of the medical exam information sheet and receipts. I do not know what else we can do. I have tried to call the CIC number but could not reach any agent. What now?
Did you use IRCC Webfrom to send them medical information sheet ? I am asking because I need to send mine.

TeAmoSweetheart

Sep 7, 2017
As long as the medical is done by the deadline, that is all that matters. The doctor's office will send the results, but those do not have to be in by the deadline. Don't worry about it.
Thank you! It is good to have someone confirm that the deadline is for the exam and not necessarily for the results. I appreciate your reply.