+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What needs to be scanned in colour......

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
You have to upload the original documents. If it is coloured, make a coloured scan. If it is black.and white, than you do not have any choice. Very easy and simple. Many people are rejected because they did not upload the original document.Same effort need to scan in coloured. Staying at the safer side is better:)
Totally agree, thanks

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
You have to upload the original documents. If it is coloured, make a coloured scan. If it is black.and white, than you do not have any choice. Very easy and simple. Many people are rejected because they did not upload the original document.Same effort need to scan in coloured. Staying at the safer side is better:)
Agreed. All documents must be in their original colour. So if the document is originally in black and white, it's black and white. Usually such documents will be stamped using coloured ink. So CIC will know that it's the original document.

All the best

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Agreed. All documents must be in their original colour. So if the document is originally in black and white, it's black and white. Usually such documents will be stamped using coloured ink. So CIC will know that it's the original document.

All the best
HI Tanaka, I have a quick question for you: I just realized after submitting eAPR that one the scan of my Degree certificate has a thin vertical line about 1 pixel thick from top to bottom somewhere in the middle. It looks like a streak that we get sometimes when we photocopy a document. I am kind of worried about this, do you think this would cause a problem? The line does not obscure any text or information as it is just too thin, like a hairline. Appreciate your thoughts on this, thank you!

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI Tanaka, I have a quick question for you: I just realized after submitting eAPR that one the scan of my Degree certificate has a thin vertical line about 1 pixel thick from top to bottom somewhere in the middle. It looks like a streak that we get sometimes when we photocopy a document. I am kind of worried about this, do you think this would cause a problem? The line does not obscure any text or information as it is just too thin, like a hairline. Appreciate your thoughts on this, thank you!
Why don’t you rescan it?

If IRCC doesn’t like it, then they will ask for a new copy.

Reactions: alexross

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Why don’t you rescan it?

If IRCC doesn’t like it, then they will ask for a new copy.
Hi Picklee, thanks for your reply. I noticed that line after I paid and submitted the application. If they ask for another scan I can rescan and submit immediately. But I am hoping that they would not care about the line. I took a print from this same scan for WES for ECA, so the line must have been there then but WES accepted it. Have you heard of any case like this where there is a small streak or line in the document scan? how accepting is IRCC of such artifacts in the scan where the readability of the content is not affected at all? I guess I am just trying to figure out my chances that things will go smoothly with this scan. Thanks again!

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Picklee, thanks for your reply. I noticed that line after I paid and submitted the application. If they ask for another scan I can rescan and submit immediately. But I am hoping that they would not care about the line. I took a print from this same scan for WES for ECA, so the line must have been there then but WES accepted it. Have you heard of any case like this where there is a small streak or line in the document scan? how accepting is IRCC of such artifacts in the scan where the readability of the content is not affected at all? I guess I am just trying to figure out my chances that things will go smoothly with this scan. Thanks again!
The only thing that is certain is that no one on this forum can advise on such a specific request. It’s up to IRCC and no one here represents IRCC.

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
The only thing that is certain is that no one on this forum can advise on such a specific request. It’s up to IRCC and no one here represents IRCC.
Thank you Picklee. I appreciate your response.

If anyone else has any similar experience with scan quality issues and IRCC I would very much like to hear them. Thank you!

Last edited:

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi,

Don't worry. As long as all information is clear you are good to go. What really matters is that it has been assessed. They check with the assessing organisation to confirm.

I have not heard of anyone being rejected for an unclear degree certificate.

All the best.

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Hi,

Don't worry. As long as all information is clear you are good to go. What really matters is that it has been assessed. They check with the assessing organisation to confirm.

I have not heard of anyone being rejected for an unclear degree certificate.

All the best.
Thank you Tanaka :)

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
Not sure which stamps you are talking about, there are no stamps , not even one on the report. There is nothing in color, all black and white.
can u please comnfirm if ur PCC is all black like logo on left and do u have watermark. Mine is having none but i only have scan of same.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
A scan is a copy of an original document. A scan is not an original.