+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what kind of Work Permit is this.?

ajay93

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends , need help regarding the work permit i have.
Through arranged job offer ( positive lmo ) & help with an representative for application process from canada i obtained a work permit some months back. ( sasketchwan provience)
So my question is this work permit only eligeable to work for this employer or closed work permit .
the open work permit stamp includes;
1) My Name.
2) The expiry date.
3) Multipe entry.
4) Class - W1 Worker.
5) There is no Picture of mine.

Or i Can enter in canada & work for other employers.

All suggestions r welcomed.
Thanks in advance. :)

Gaurav_OT

Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2012- CIO Sydney
Nomination.....
18-04-2012
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
Med's Request
29-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-07-2012
Interview........
June, 05/ 2013-RPRF request & paid, In process on July 29, 2013
Passport Req..
September 24/2013
VISA ISSUED...
October/23/2013 received pp from cpp-o
LANDED..........
October/26/2013 at Carway Border
If it is through positive LMO, it is closed work permit and you cannot work for any other employer...

ajay93

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gaurav_OT said:
If it is through positive LMO, it is closed work permit and you cannot work for any other employer...
Hi gaurav, thanks for the reply.
Do you know if i can enter in canada know . even if the employer doesent wants me at present .
wil i have problems in the immigration ?

mrFoce

Star Member
Oct 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-01-2013
Med's Request
03-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-01-2014
ajay93 said:
Hi gaurav, thanks for the reply.
Do you know if i can enter in canada know . even if the employer doesent wants me at present .
wil i have problems in the immigration ?
No, you won't have problems but your story doesn't make any sense. If they verify it with your employer and he doesn't acknowledge you, they might refuse you at the border. Your employer would probably get blacklisted for new work permits.

Anyway, it looks like you're trying to exploit the visa system with comments like
  • Can enter in Canada & work for other employers.
  • the employer doesn't wants me at present

Why get a work permit and go through the LMO in the first place. This whole thing (employer and you) don't sound legit at all.

ajay93

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrFoce said:
No, you won't have problems but your story doesn't make any sense. If they verify it with your employer and he doesn't acknowledge you, they might refuse you at the border. Your employer would probably get blacklisted for new work permits.

Anyway, it looks like you're trying to exploit the visa system with comments like
  • Can enter in Canada & work for other employers.
  • the employer doesn't wants me at present

Why get a work permit and go through the LMO in the first place. This whole thing (employer and you) don't sound legit at all.
Hi mr force , thanks for the comment .
its just that i do not want to enter in canada & be ilegal.
Iam making questions in the fórum cus i guess that there are people who have been in my condition & could help me.
also since i did not do the process or application by myself. i have lots of question to ask so, as my process or condition gets in good condition or bad ,i intend to ask questions in the fórum.
cus never know may be the representative i hire just want to make Money.
I wil never be enter in canada after all this.
;)

klarisa

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2014
IELTS Request
sent with app
hi ajay93,
I read your post and please i'd like to comment about it. You're assuming that the work permit you got is a fake? We're trying to get a work permit through a rappresentative and we think if we get an positive LMO and the WP at the end we're OK. Now you're telling that you might be illegal at the canadian border cause you dont' know your employer? First, how did you get a positive LMO? Second, I believe the immigration officer has done the verfication before your WP was granted. I think once you get the WP you're all right and have right to work legally in Canada. Please correct me if I am wrong.

ajay93

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
klarisa said:
hi ajay93,
I read your post and please i'd like to comment about it. You're assuming that the work permit you got is a fake? We're trying to get a work permit through a rappresentative and we think if we get an positive LMO and the WP at the end we're OK. Now you're telling that you might be illegal at the canadian border cause you dont' know your employer? First, how did you get a positive LMO? Second, I believe the immigration officer has done the verfication before your WP was granted. I think once you get the WP you're all right and have right to work legally in Canada. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Hi Klarisa , what you r saying is totally right.Depends on the work permit you are applying.
But in my case If i decide to go without contacting the employer .
whats gone happen is, the immigration officer at the airport gone cross check by calling the Employer .( Mine work permit is closed WP ).
and the employer says that he doesent need me . then every thing is over.
So klarisa as you are also hiring a representative ,make sure that you make a open WP.So even if the empoyer doesent need you you can travel to canada & look another empoyer. Which in my case is not possible.
Also there are Employers & agents .that make positive lmo without any name in it . When they have some one to work they just add the name.
Hope you are aware of this things ,cus in my case after making resarches and being carefull has landed me up in this situation.
Any ways Best of luck. ;)

klarisa

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2014
IELTS Request
sent with app
Hi ajay93
Is the first time that I heard about closed and open WP. With closed you mean an WP where is named the employer? And with an open WP you may work with anyone employer. Our representative said that for my husband will have a WP with a positive LMO and for me we'll try for an open WP. After all, our purpose is to get a PR, but I see will be very difficult. At the end what are you gonna do?

Please can you send me an inbox your representative name, you will helped us.

ajay93

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
klarisa said:
Hi ajay93
Is the first time that I heard about closed and open WP. With closed you mean an WP where is named the employer? And with an open WP you may work with anyone employer. Our representative said that for my husband will have a WP with a positive LMO and for me we'll try for an open WP. After all, our purpose is to get a PR, but I see will be very difficult. At the end what are you gonna do?

Please can you send me an inbox your representative name, you will helped us.
Hi Klarisa , Iam not a professional in this área.
What iam talking is from my proper experience & the process iam going through.as well from this fórum in the Foreigner worker part.

About the representative check if he is a registered member in ICCRC.
Make sure that the representative gives you a copy of Lmo Positive also the job letter mentioned the proper contact nos ,email id existing & his registration nos of the company.
What you will get is SOWP after some months when your husband starts to work.
Also according to me after Work permit the procedure is Provience immigration nomine programme. then PR.
Dont trust me ALso keep your self informed in this fórum& keep asking questions regarding .
aso please if you make a time line in your account it will people to answer your question easily with the information.
any ways best of luck. ;)

s.gupta1487

Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2013
LANDED..........
18 Jan 2014
ajay93 said:
Hi Klarisa , Iam not a professional in this área.
What iam talking is from my proper experience & the process iam going through.as well from this fórum in the Foreigner worker part.

About the representative check if he is a registered member in ICCRC.
Make sure that the representative gives you a copy of Lmo Positive also the job letter mentioned the proper contact nos ,email id existing & his registration nos of the company.
What you will get is SOWP after some months when your husband starts to work.
Also according to me after Work permit the procedure is Provience immigration nomine programme. then PR.
Dont trust me ALso keep your self informed in this fórum& keep asking questions regarding .
aso please if you make a time line in your account it will people to answer your question easily with the information.
any ways best of luck. ;)
ajay93...I don't know if u r being innocent or stupid. The stamp on ur passport is not a work permit but it's a work visa. When I came to Canada as student, I got my stamp on passport as 'S1' for student, which in ur case is W1 being u r a worker. Since, u have got a positive LMO..it is a closed work permit and u cannot work with any other employer. REASON: Open work permit is only given to those who are the spouses of Students/workers in Canada. Before leaving for Canada, u need to contact your employer in Canada and tell him when r u planning to come to Canada. If you have got a job through a representative, then ask your agent to provide u a date of joining letter. When u will come to Canada, u will be asked to provide ur stamped passport and a letter of confirmation (which is just a white piece of paper..I'm not sure if u have got it, coz it's usually given with student visa) at the port of entry. Then the CBSA officer will print your work permit and that allows you to stay in Canada. AND YES THERE IS NO PICTURE EITHER IN VISA/PERMIT.

Now, if u r so much really in doubt, in your passport, u must have got a UCI aka client id number. If u have google talk, then u can call at this number for free: 1-888-242‑2100 and check the status of ur work visa. This is an automated service and they will confirm to you that youR work visa is issued and on what date.

Canph

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
s.gupta1487 said:
ajay93...I don't know if u r being innocent or stupid. The stamp on ur passport is not a work permit but it's a work visa. When I came to Canada as student, I got my stamp on passport as 'S1' for student, which in ur case is W1 being u r a worker. Since, u have got a positive LMO..it is a closed work permit and u cannot work with any other employer. REASON: Open work permit is only given to those who are the spouses of Students/workers in Canada. Before leaving for Canada, u need to contact your employer in Canada and tell him when r u planning to come to Canada. If you have got a job through a representative, then ask your agent to provide u a date of joining letter. When u will come to Canada, u will be asked to provide ur stamped passport and a letter of confirmation (which is just a white piece of paper..I'm not sure if u have got it, coz it's usually given with student visa) at the port of entry. Then the CBSA officer will print your work permit and that allows you to stay in Canada. AND YES THERE IS NO PICTURE EITHER IN VISA/PERMIT.

Now, if u r so much really in doubt, in your passport, u must have got a UCI aka client id number. If u have google talk, then u can call at this number for free: 1-888-242‑2100 and check the status of ur work visa. This is an automated service and they will confirm to you that youR work visa is issued and on what date.
Hi Guptaji,

It is neither being innocent nor stupid he has mentioned in earlier posts that as of now his employer is not interested to take him for this year due to some financial problem in his company or organisation/what so ever, so he wanted to know is it possible to enter Canada and meanwhile try for open work permit while being in Canada.
But no one has given him satisfactorily the required answer.

s.gupta1487

Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2013
LANDED..........
18 Jan 2014
Canph said:
Hi Guptaji,

It is neither being innocent nor stupid he has mentioned in earlier posts that as of now his employer is not interested to take him for this year due to some financial problem in his company or organisation/what so ever, so he wanted to know is it possible to enter Canada and meanwhile try for open work permit while being in Canada.
But no one has given him satisfactorily the required answer.
He has asked his question in almost all the threads in this forum. What else do you expect? He has been replied by many people shared proper info.

klarisa

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2014
IELTS Request
sent with app
Hi ajay93
I searched in ICCRC-CRCIC for my representative and I didn't found him. I sent an email to info@ICCRC and they replied this way
If the person is not registered with our Council or MICC, you should also check with the provincial or territorial law society where the person is registered,

I did this and I found he's a registered lawyer with a status; Practising
I don't want to ask directly them so what do you think. I am very confusing now. Maybe you have heard of them , about Goldman associates, or Ian Goldman.
Please, I really appreciate any comment

ajay93

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
s.gupta1487 said:
He has asked his question in almost all the threads in this forum. What else do you expect? He has been replied by many people shared proper info.
Hi Gupta ,
First of all i appriciate for sharing your experience regarding my topic.
But i dont think you r in a position to give names for people you dont know & about their situation.
Also i dont think you own this fórum.
So in the future if you see my post in this fórum please ignore.
Because next time my answer want be so inocente.

ajay93

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
klarisa said:
Hi ajay93
I searched in ICCRC-CRCIC for my representative and I didn't found him. I sent an email to info @ ICCRC and they replied this way
If the person is not registered with our Council or MICC, you should also check with the provincial or territorial law society where the person is registered,

I did this and I found he's a registered lawyer with a status; Practising
I don't want to ask directly them so what do you think. I am very confusing now. Maybe you have heard of them , about Goldman associates, or Ian Goldman.
Please, I really appreciate any comment
No unfortunately i havent,
Cus when i wanted to look for representative i was told to look for ICCRC registered members.
As i said before ,
Make sure that the representative gives you a copy of Lmo Positive ,
also the job letter mentioned the proper contact nos ,email id existing,
& his registration nos of the company.
Also Try to take an estimated date of joining to work according you have your work visa.
Keep your Finger crossed & my prayers with you, that every thing goes well with you.
Best of luck.