Med's Done....
Jan12,2012
Passport Req..
May 23,2012, PP received by CEM: May 28,2012 @ 10:30am
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2012
LANDED..........
July 2012
hay..reading is my number 1 problem in ielts.

i always get 7 in speaking,7.5 in listening,6.5 in writing, but i always get 6 in reading.

can anyone help me with the technique in reading?

i dont have much focus,i always felt nervous and i am easily bored with reading..

can you please help me on how to answer the questions in reading faster and easier? :eek:

Abhie

Nov 17, 2015
Bangladesh
NOC Code......
jijitipie said:

i always get 7 in speaking,7.5 in listening,6.5 in writing, but i always get 6 in reading.

i dont have much focus,i always felt nervous and i am easily bored with reading..

can you please help me on how to answer the questions in reading faster and easier? :eek:
please help us out somebody

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Nothing much to say, just be VERY CONCENTRATED and underline KEY words AS YOU READ.

SOMETIMES I CHECK QUESTIONS FIRST TO KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN THE TEXT.

Jesssac

Feb 2, 2016
jijitipie said:

Sorry about your reading issue, my problem has always been writing. Within the last 4 months, I've had to take both academic and general IELTS and in both exams, I scored 9 in reading, too bad my writing always lets me down.
Now this is how I go about it:
1. Never ever read the passage before the questions, always read the question first then go back to find the answers. To be able to do this very well and effectively, you need to learn how to skim through a text quickly to find key words.

2. Spend not more than 30 mins on the first two sections, once you spend more than 30 mins on them, you are likely going to perform poorly. This is because the final text is usually bulky and more difficult to comprehend hence more time is required, time you wouldn't have if you've already wasted it on the relatively easier and more straightforward sections. (IGNORE THEIR ADVICE TO SPEND 20mins ON EACH SECTION; HEED IT AND YOU WONT FINISH THE EXAMS BEFORE TIME)

3. Finally, do a lot of practice tests, get the hang on the very tricky and complicated true, false and not given questions. You gain a better understanding of how to answer those when you practice more. Oh, and always remember to practice under exams conditions using the same time limits and being hard on your self by identifying your weaknesses and working hard to improve them.

At this juncture, I would like to wish you all the best in the exams, and I pray you ace it. ;)

mkgollapudi

Nov 5, 2016
Thank you!! I second it. Also I have the same plan in mind. I always struck in 3rd section to find the answers. Practice only help to improve the reading. Do as much you can in reading the newspaper and understand in first attempt. I'm following this in my preparation. Hope it would be helpful. :)

Abhie

Nov 17, 2015
Bangladesh
NOC Code......
Please solve these TRUE/FALSE/NG cases for me to better understand the rules! please please please!!!

Case 1 -
Passage:Coffee arrived in American in 1985.
Statement: Coffee arrived after the 80s.
T/F/NG?

Case 2 -
Passage: Coffee arrived after the 80s.
Statement:Coffee arrived in American in 1985.
T/F/NG?

Case 3 -
Passage: Coffee arrived in America by the 2nd half of nineteenth century.
Statement: Coffee arrived in American in 1855.
T/F/NG?

Case 4 -
Passage: Club is open for all professions of people in University - students,trainees, teachers. Last evening, drinks were free for all teachers.
Statement: Drinks were on the house for all club members after 6PM.
T/F/NG?

Case 5 -
Passage: Club is open for all professions of people in University - students,trainees, teachers. They serve Salad for free with any types of dish.
Statement: Students do not have to pay anything for the salad.
T/F/NG?

Case 6 -
Passage: Club is open for all professions of people in University - students,trainees, teachers. Those who managed to make it by 6, enjoyed free drinks till 7PM.
Statement: Drinks were on the house only for the teachers all evening.
T/F/NG?

funkypandaz

Mar 15, 2017
I typically read at a pace of 1000 words per minute. Essentially I am a speed reader, that seems to do the trick for me.