+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what is TRIAGE in GCMS notes

upandgoing

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
I have Triage 1 on my GCMS notes and it was created on the date when my file went into processing. And also there is a refusal ground section in which it says 1 and which was created before I became a PR. Please if anyone can explain what this is?

fzy951113

Dec 6, 2017
I have these too. Got my citizenship in 13 months, no RQ, no finger print request. Seems like a general thing and there is no implication that this may cause any delays.

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
I have these too. Got my citizenship in 13 months, no RQ, no finger print request. Seems like a general thing and there is no implication that this may cause any delays.
@fzy951113 I have same thing, but still my app is with Sydney after 2 years. Was your app processed by Sydney office too?

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
I have Triage 1 on my GCMS notes and it was created on the date when my file went into processing. And also there is a refusal ground section in which it says 1 and which was created before I became a PR. Please if anyone can explain what this is?
@upandgoing, did you complete the oath already? did you face any issues with Triage in your file?

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
@ceejay132 I don't think it matters what Triage 1 and 2 mean, I had the same on my notes with dates next to them and I got my LPP completed 8 months after the test, does it mean it delays things?
Who knows but I would'nt worry about it.

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
@ceejay132 I don't think it matters what Triage 1 and 2 mean, I had the same on my notes with dates next to them and I got my LPP completed 8 months after the test, does it mean it delays things?
Who knows but I would'nt worry about it.
Ok. Thank you. It's just strange to me because the dates are before I came into Canada and I wonder what it means. Another section wrote 2004. Which confuses me cos I had no business here then. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: fièrementcanadien

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Ok. Thank you. It's just strange to me because the dates are before I came into Canada and I wonder what it means. Another section wrote 2004. Which confuses me cos I had no business here then. Lol
Those dates are in fact when they defined these triage categories in their system back then - not related to you. Such dates are also visible under primary/secondary VO too. Having said that these triage are just internal and don't bother much.

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
Those dates are in fact when they defined these triage categories in their system back then - not related to you. Such dates are also visible under primary/secondary VO too. Having said that these triage are just internal and don't bother much.
Oh. That makes quite some sense. Now I wonder what category the triage is. Lol. And why I was assigned a triage. Just sucks that it is causing a delay. Oh well. The wait continues...

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Oh. That makes quite some sense. Now I wonder what category the triage is. Lol. And why I was assigned a triage. Just sucks that it is causing a delay. Oh well. The wait continues...
Every application goes to triage, depending upon defined criteria or risk indicators they have in place (e.g. CEC, days before PR, residence, refugee status, international visit, demographics, etc.). Hence no need to wonder, its just how it's defined to work.

Reactions: fièrementcanadien

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
Every application goes to triage, depending upon defined criteria or risk indicators they have in place (e.g. CEC, days before PR, residence, refugee status, international visit, demographics, etc.). Hence no need to wonder, its just how it's defined to work.
Ok. Thanks.