+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is this???? Nonsense

Ced_3231

Dec 1, 2010
This is nonsense.... (I have posted the earlier one by mistake when I havent finished the topic)

Why is it here that people who graduate and have some or no work experience do not find a job? Why is this?

I came here as an international student, and finished my degree and graduated. I am having a hard time finding a job, even though this industry is a good one. Now, I am a permanent resident.

I had a chance to get an interview from a good firm, but the questions that I kept asked were things like related to job experience, like what was the most responsibility I got, and he can see from my resume I only worked two days here and another two days there, one telemarketing and another game testing.

I was also asked things like hobbies, did you go to cuba, or things like this? What the hell man? I was too worried during university what I will be after I graduate, work permit and being a permanent resident, learning a new language, I dont think this stuff, at least not now.

What is this like, is it because people like me who were not lucky enough to be a permanent resident during studies to focus on extracurricular activities and being president council of such and such club, and being caught up with study permit and caqs and etc, and not travel to good vacation spots, and not entitle to a job? I mean, where is the break? Where do I start in this case then?

Nonsense!!

Even if I want to apply for example to loblaws, what the hell man, I dont have anything good to show. Where do things start?

I am right now, a person who somehow managed to graduate with a paper? What is this? I am sure there are people who graduated either from canada or from outside, but it doesnt matter if you have experience or not from outside, because you need to have a "Canadian" experience and then start at some profession.

I am not a non-educated person who is looking for a job, when I came here, the first two years were not allowed for international students, and then afterwards it became allowed, but I am in Montreal, and it is french and at that time I did not know good french so what I could get was a telemarketing and I left after two days and a game testing position which was a 12 hour shift weekend, too much. The only thing allowed before work permit for international students was on-campus university job. But to be able to do that, you have to be poor and show that your support is diminishing etc. I cant show that.

My objective is to get a job career related, but it doesnt seem easy, it is in accounting. But to get there, it seems like some sort of canadian experience in some other job "canadian" (waiter, etc. etc.), but these jobs require some sort of other experience.

Again, I am sure graduates are going through this "experience", any advice with regards to this? Even if volunteering helps, it will be good
Applying through monster or any websites will be tough as some sort of experience is needed .

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oi mamoo relax kar, take a chill pill yaar, we are all going through the same rough time.

Firstly its a good thing you finished your degree, secondly it depends on what subject you did your degree in. If you are finding a hard time finding a job then so are other thousands of people. Do you have any work experience? Jobs dont get served on a platter in this country, another important factor too, you are/were an international student and now an immigrant so it will be slightly harder to get government jobs since there is preference for Canadians. Also there is more competition now for jobs, people look for work experience and certifications in additional to degrees. Either ways you have to start somewhere, your frustration is ligit I can understand all the problems you are facing just keep trying and things will work out.