+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what is the statistics that PR card is renewed at a first hearing on H&C grounds

janay

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Hello Leon.
I have hired a consultant/ lawyer for my case. I stayed out of Canada for four years. I was looking after my mother in law who is passed away this 18 March. My card expired in August 2010. I came back July 6 2010 and since then i am here in Canada.I want to go Pakistan bcoz I have planned my daughters' marriage( in Dec. 2012) who is studying in York university Canada. I am going to submit my RQ on the 25th of Mrch.

what are the chances to get my PR card renewed on hearing and how long will it take to be interviewed (hearing).

As I have told you that my other two daughters are also studying in school. One in grade 10 and other in grade 8.

my daughter is availing OSAP year 2011-2012 and will apply for summer too.

my license for teaching is in process in OCT.

I am paying mortgage for condo apartment which I purchased in Feb 2011.

what are the most important documents which should I attach with RQ?

will my one year and 9 month stay since July 2010 (second tenure) will benefit me?

Thank you
janay

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What does your lawyer say?

Your stay since 2010 shows that you may now be serious about residing in Canada but by applying to renew your PR card before you met the requirements, the date of your application is the date they consider for meeting your requirements.

The most important evidence you must provide is that you were really taking care of your sick relative and all medicals records pertaining to that.

Hasti

Apr 18, 2012
Hi,

I would appreciate if some one give me an advice.
My dad applied to renew his PR card last July (July 2011). Since he was not meeting the two years residency obligation the CIC officer told him that he has to wait for an interview.
It's been almost 10 months and we haven't heard any thing.
I wanted to know if it is normal and how long more we should wait.
If some one has a similar experience please advice me.

Regards,

janay

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Hi.
I am extremely upset the day I have hired a consultant lawyer. Now I am hearing from few ppl and on some forums that most of the lawyers cheat you. They generally do not give favor to the client in hearing and want that the case must go to the stage of appeal.

My first mistake was applying for PR renewal without fulfilling residency obligation unknowingly.
second mistake.....hiring a lawyer. deadline for submission of R is April 30. I am waiting for some medical record from Pakistan.
It is written in ENF 27, page 29 that if information is not provided to CIC the application stands abandoned but I can not do because I am caught for not fulfilling residency obligation though my reason is 100 % genuine (H&C).

I am posting this for those who wanted to know my progress.

Janay

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks i am in exactly same situation.. also from Pakistan really pray for you that everything goes well for you so you already have been through interview or you are going to? if yes can you please tell what they ask in interview if not will you please update what happened on interview and how was it

janay

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Hi
No I have not yet submitted my Residency questionnaires. Deadline is April 30.waiting for few docs. from Pakistan. I do not know what the lawyer is going to do with me. if he is sincere and not greedy, there is a chance of positive decision otherwise he will stretch me to the appeal.
I pray for all the ppl on the forum who are in a torturous trouble. Ms. Farid be brave! your son will be with you soon (Aamin).

Janay

Hasti

Apr 18, 2012
Hi Janay,
Would you PLEASE tell me how long it took till you received the questionnaire ? My dad submitted his application 10 months ago but he has not received any thing yet .
I would really appreciate it if you tell me how long it took from the time you submitted your application and when you received the questionnaire.

Thanks a lot.

janay

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Hi Hasti
My entire information is on the forum. you can find details on other pages too about my history. Shortly my case history is:

Applied for renewal in Aug 2010

Case transferred to CIC Toronto Jan 2011

Applied for withdrawal in Jan 2011.

The day I registered my application for withdrawal, I received a letter that we have sent your case to CIC Toronto.

After that I called them (Call center) inquiring about my withdrawal, I was told that "the day we received you w/d application, instantly we faxed to

CIC Toronto. (from 2010 to present I have called call center more than 5 times, each time different answers were given to the same questions)

Any how I received residency questionnaire in Feb.2011 (this is the answer of your question).

janay

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks janay bro. i will pray for you from bottom of my heart. best of luck, may Allah be with you!!