+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what is the processing time at CHC delhi???

justin

Sep 2, 2007
i have applied in march 2006. i was BSc when i applied and right now i am pursuing MBA. i would complete my course in june 2008. My IELTS score was 7 band which i submitted along with my application. i have taken student ielts exam from british council. I have the file number, i would like to know currently which year's files cic delhi is processing?? how long would it take for my file??? i have not applied under SAP as it came into effect from september 2006. if now i sent my postgraduate qualification would they consider to get more points, i would be working for reliance from june 2008. i would appreciate if you give me the feedback on my case.

kdparmar

Jan 13, 2008
Dear

You have to go for a long journey of waiting & waiting. This is fact. CIC New Delhi is currently working for cases of 2002 & onwards.

A Q for you: Why did you take student IETLS exam if you applied for skilled worker PR.

It is advicable to update your application immediately after you get your master.

KD

AP

Star Member
Jul 7, 2007
Hi,

I do not know which year Delhi applications are being accessed now but I can tell you for sure that you should update I with any changes pertaining to your file.Also, do not bother much about the points cos it is not that the more the points the easier or faster the process is. I believe you must have applied with the min required points.

Regards,
AP

monica

Feb 21, 2007
Hi,

You are definitely in for a long-long wait. My AOR date is August 2002 and I am still waiting to hear something. Anything you do after you apply may help you during interview if you do not get a waiver but the requirement is to apply with 67 points. IELTS (general) is a requirement. You should update our application if there is a change in your address/any change in your family composition etc. Other than that you can send any documents but whatever your qualifications and experience are at the time of application will be taken for initial assesment.

Monica

rameshcs8

Apr 1, 2008
Hi,

Same case here, I applied in April 2002 through a consultant CANWEST but still waiting.......
Please keep in touch Monica - my mail id is rameshcs8@yahoo.co.in
Cheers!

monica said:
Hi,

You are definitely in for a long-long wait. My AOR date is August 2002 and I am still waiting to hear something. Anything you do after you apply may help you during interview if you do not get a waiver but the requirement is to apply with 67 points. IELTS (general) is a requirement. You should update our application if there is a change in your address/any change in your family composition etc. Other than that you can send any documents but whatever your qualifications and experience are at the time of application will be taken for initial assesment.

Monica

hobbes

Star Member
Mar 20, 2008
Read this: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080331.wimmigration01/BNStory/National/home

"Someone who currently applies to immigrate to Canada from New Delhi will wait 12.8 years. In Manila, the wait is 11.9 years, and in Bogota the wait is 16.5 years."

That is, someone who applies today from New Delhi will probably land in Canada in 2021. You applied 2 years back - make a reasonable guess as to when you will land!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

M S Chaudhry said:
Site shows 58 to 67 months for Manila and 68 to 73 months for New Delhi.
Note that is for applications already processed, so the wait is even longer.

PMM