+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what is the exact IELTS expiry date? the test day or the result day?

ymkacscc20

Dec 19, 2016
Hello guys, I toke the test at Dec 6th, 2014 and the result date besides the TRF is Dec 17th, 2014. Which one is the expiry date?
This is so important cuz I got the ITA on Nov 30th, 2016, and I couldn't submit the application before Dec 6th, 2016. This will give me an answer about to re-take the test.

some info about my application:
IELTS date: Dec 6th, 2014
IELTS result date: Dec 17th, 2014
ITA: Nov 30th, 2016
Application submit date: Dec 15th, 2016 (there is not change on my status that day, the Review of Minimum Entry Criteria was still Met, so I assumed the IELTS result was still available.)

ymkacscc20

Dec 19, 2016
jpv2212 said:
It's the test date of your test...
Thanks, jpv2212.
if so, why didn't I get any messages from CIC about my application is not eligible due to the expired language test result? And I am pretty sure my application was still eligible when I submitted the docs.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ymkacscc20 said:
Thanks, jpv2212.
if so, why didn't I get any messages from CIC about my application is not eligible due to the expired language test result? And I am pretty sure my application was still eligible when I submitted the docs.
its a little weird that the profile didnt expire... hmmm

regardless - i would immediately write another ielts test... becoz IELTS has to be valid during the post ITA journey also... CIC will 110% get back to you at some stage in the future asking for a new ielts test.

ymkacscc20

Dec 19, 2016
thestunner316 said:
its a little weird that the profile didnt expire... hmmm

regardless - i would immediately write another ielts test... becoz IELTS has to be valid during the post ITA journey also... CIC will 110% get back to you at some stage in the future asking for a new ielts test.
Yeah, Ima gonna take another test for sure. Just wondering, does that mean CIC use the result date as the expiry date, otherwise it doesn't make sense to fill the result date fields in the e-form as well, even it already requested test date input, right? The language part needs you to input test date and result date, but if it uses test date as the expiry date, what's the purpose of that result date?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ymkacscc20 said:
Yeah, Ima gonna take another test for sure. Just wondering, does that mean CIC use the result date as the expiry date, otherwise it doesn't make sense to fill the result date fields in the e-form as well, even it already requested test date input, right? The language part needs you to input test date and result date, but if it uses test date as the expiry date, what's the purpose of that result date?
valid point, but everywhere i have read its the same - IELTS result expiry is counted from the date of the test, not the result.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
ymkacscc20 said:
The reason EE system didn't give you the notification is that the system is built in to provide around a month and a half (am not sure exactly how much) for you to retake the test and key in the test date, results and the TRF# & date.

I am sure if you wait for some more time without updating your IELTS it will make your profile ineligible and send you a notification. So better don't go that path and update it ASAP.

N.B.: Not sure if this happens even post ITA, but surly before that.

Castillo

Nov 23, 2016
ymkacscc20 said:
Hello guys, I toke the test at Dec 6th, 2014 and the result date besides the TRF is Dec 17th, 2014. Which one is the expiry date?
This is so important cuz I got the ITA on Nov 30th, 2016, and I couldn't submit the application before Dec 6th, 2016. This will give me an answer about to re-take the test.

Application submit date: Dec 15th, 2016 (there is not change on my status that day, the Review of Minimum Entry Criteria was still Met, so I assumed the IELTS result was still available.)
2 years after test date

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaWeCome said:
The reason EE system didn't give you the notification is that the system is built in to provide around a month and a half (am not sure exactly how much) for you to retake the test and key in the test date, results and the TRF# & date.

I am sure if you wait for some more time without updating your IELTS it will make your profile ineligible and send you a notification. So better don't go that path and update it ASAP.

N.B.: Not sure if this happens even post ITA, but surly before that.
oh is it ? didnt know that...

this is good info, thanks

ymkacscc20

Dec 19, 2016
thestunner316 said:
valid point, but everywhere i have read its the same - IELTS result expiry is counted from the date of the test, not the result.
Thx, thestunner316. Ima gonna take another test ASAP.

UKAN85

Feb 11, 2017
Hi, Can you please let me know what happened with your application as I am in same state.... Thanks.

UKAN85

Feb 11, 2017
ymkacscc20 said:

Can you help me in knowing what happened with your application submitted in 15th Dec 2016. I am in same condition...

Reactions: guls

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UKAN85 said:
Can you help me in knowing what happened with your application submitted in 15th Dec 2016. I am in same condition...
expiry date is 5th december, its always the date you write the test, not the date you get the test...

either way you have to write the ielts test again, IELTS needs to be valid during the process of immg...

Nijil james

Dec 7, 2016
I submitted my profile 2 months before but my ielts test result will expire on 11 february 2019. So is it needed to update the score.