+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the different between express entry (1200 points) and (100 points)? NEW!

Sokthy

Mar 30, 2016
Hello guys,

What is the different between express entry (1200 points) and (100 points)??

I'm very confused with these 2 systems and I would like to know more about them.
I meet the minimum requirement for 100 points based system (67 point), while, I don't meet the minimum requirement for 1200 points.
Can I still express my interest? How should I go about it. I'm very new to Canadian system, and I am living in Australia at the moment. Thank you for your help.

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The old Federal Skilled Worker system is the 100 points. It is not used currently for federal immigration selection. It is however used in other specific systems such as the nomination by some provinces along with other requirements.

Currently the system is EE, you can refer to the sticky thread about that to know more.

Sokthy

Mar 30, 2016
Do you have links to those info? Does it mean I am still able to apply for 100 points based system or I'm done :-[ ??? ?

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wildemam said:
The old Federal Skilled Worker system is the 100 points. It is not used currently for federal immigration selection. It is however used in other specific systems such as the nomination by some provinces along with other requirements.

Currently the system is EE, you can refer to the sticky thread about that to know more.
Completely wrong!

To qualify for FSW and in order to enter the EE pool, you still need at least 67 points out of 100.

Once you are in the pool, the CRS points (max 1200) determine who gets selected to apply.

So both points systems operate in parallel. One is for eligibility, the other for selection

FSW no longer accepts paper-based applications and you can no longer apply directly. All applications are managed via EE.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
wildemam said:
The old Federal Skilled Worker system is the 100 points. It is not used currently for federal immigration selection.
False. Federal Skilled Worker is still currently implemented. It is one of the federal economic immigration streams that is being handled by Express Entry. Or did you mean this as an April Fools joke?

Sokthy, we already answered you in this other thread that you started yesterday. Don't get confused by the inaccurate post.

You still don't understand the difference between EE and FSW? Since yesterday, you've now had at least 3 different people explain it to you. I don't know how else to explain it any simpler than it already has. :(

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-to-canadian-immigration-policy-t406800.0.html

Sokthy

Mar 30, 2016
I kinda understand, but at the same time why are there two different systems being put out there when only one is being considered (1200)? That is what confused me. My question would be, Can I apply for for Express Entry 100 point base as I meet the minimum requirement? Apology for all the confusions.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Sokthy said:
I kinda understand, but at the same time why are there two different systems being put out there when only one is being considered (1200)? That is what confused me. My question would be, Can I apply for for Express Entry 100 point base as I meet the minimum requirement? Apology for all the confusions.
Look at it this way: They serve entirely different purposes yet are complementary.

The 1200 point system determines the priority WHEN you will be invited to apply.
The 100 point system determines IF you can apply, i.e. your eligibility.

So the answer to your question is YES, if you are referring to FSW.

The cutoff for the 1200 system changes every 2 weeks. There is no "minimum". You can have a score as low as 200 and still be in the pool as long as you're eligible for at least one of the federal economic programs, CEC, FSW, FST.

The passing for the 100 system (FSW) is a constant 67. It is only exclusive to FSW.

waqasiqbaal

Oct 12, 2016
Dear Bellaluna,

Thank you for the explanation... I had the same confusion but now it's clear. I also meet the minimum requirement of 67 but not the CRS. Do you know how can we check the cutoff points?

Thanks again...