+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the difference between the FSW and EE process?

GavinSouthAfrica

Apr 19, 2017
Sorry I'm sure this is a dumb question but I can't find the answer anywhere.

I have seen that you need 67 points to apply as a FSW which I have.

And then 423 (at last call) for the EE which I also have more than.

Are these still two different options or has the FSW completely disappeared now.

If they are different which is the best to go for if I am approved for both or can I apply for both?

Looking at heading to Ontario at the moment even though many people say BC is also amazing.. just not sure I can be so far from Europe to be honest :)

Thanks,
Gavin

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
GavinSouthAfrica said:
Sorry I'm sure this is a dumb question but I can't find the answer anywhere.

I have seen that you need 67 points to apply as a FSW which I have.

And then 423 (at last call) for the EE which I also have more than.

Are these still two different options or has the FSW completely disappeared now.

If they are different which is the best to go for if I am approved for both or can I apply for both?

Looking at heading to Ontario at the moment even though many people say BC is also amazing.. just not sure I can be so far from Europe to be honest :)

Thanks,
Gavin
EE is a program to apply for PR and FSW is one of the three streams under EE. If you are eligible for FSW (67/100 points) then you apply for it through EE (where 423 score aka CRS score comes in to play). You will be selected based on CRS score.

I hope its clear now.

GavinSouthAfrica

Apr 19, 2017
Thanks... but I'm still a bit confused...

If I'm selected on the CRS score then the FSW score no longer means anything? Therefore the FSW is pretty much a lame duck now and the EE CRS score is everything?

As for the different streams under EE... Do you apply for a stream at application time or is that handled by the immigration agency itself?

Sorry for what may seem like dumb questions.. just trying to catch up here :)

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
GavinSouthAfrica said:
Thanks... but I'm still a bit confused...

If I'm selected on the CRS score then the FSW score no longer means anything? Therefore the FSW is pretty much a lame duck now and the EE CRS score is everything?

As for the different streams under EE... Do you apply for a stream at application time or is that handled by the immigration agency itself?

Sorry for what may seem like dumb questions.. just trying to catch up here :)
There are 3 streams in EE:
1.) CEC
2.) FSW
3.) FST

You apply for EE, based on your profile, the system determines your eligibility for one of the program.

If you get FSW, that means you became eligible after getting at least 67/100 points. Now you will get ITA based on your CRS scores.

But you still have to maintain your FSW eligibility throughout your application. So CRS scores will help in your getting an ITA. But FSW points will determine your eligibility for FSW. In short, FSW points are very important although they do not appear in your EE application anywhere. Its not a lame duck, its your Dark Knight ;)

Lifehack

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
Hi

I have got ITA.In it is written "based on the information you provided us in Express Entry profile,we are pleased to invite you to apply for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)."

Does it mean that I am selected under FSW?What do you mean by "you still have to maintain your FSW eligibility throughout your application" can you elaborate?

Thank you for asking this question I was confused too.

Regards
Lifehack

Maverick28 said:
There are 3 streams in EE:
1.) CEC
2.) FSW
3.) FST

You apply for EE, based on your profile, the system determines your eligibility for one of the program.

If you get FSW, that means you became eligible after getting at least 67/100 points. Now you will get ITA based on your CRS scores.

But you still have to maintain your FSW eligibility throughout your application. So CRS scores will help in your getting an ITA. But FSW points will determine your eligibility for FSW. In short, FSW points are very important although they do not appear in your EE application anywhere. Its not a lame duck, its your Dark Knight ;)

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Lifehack said:
Hi

I have got ITA.In it is written "based on the information you provided us in Express Entry profile,we are pleased to invite you to apply for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)."

Does it mean that I am selected under FSW?What do you mean by "you still have to maintain your FSW eligibility throughout your application" can you elaborate?
Many people remove their work history i.e. move it to personal history after getting ITA. If it results in decreasing your fsw score, your application might get rejected after submission. So while making any changes to your profile post ITA, you should keep the fsw points in mind too.

Thank you for asking this question I was confused too.

Regards
Lifehack

Lifehack

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
Hi

Thank you for your reply.

I do have an issue. I have written in my work history in my EE application ,3 month Internship program. I won't be claiming points for it and also I only have recommendation letter from that Job.

I am currently working in a company where I am working since May 2014. I will be claiming points from this job only.Will it cause problem for this change?

Do I need to write an LOE. I am collecting documents for ITA to submit at the moment.

Regards
Lifehack

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Lifehack said:
Hi

Thank you for your reply.

I do have an issue. I have written in my work history in my EE application ,3 month Internship program. I won't be claiming points for it and also I only have recommendation letter from that Job.

I am currently working in a company where I am working since May 2014. I will be claiming points from this job only.Will it cause problem for this change?

Do I need to write an LOE. I am collecting documents for ITA to submit at the moment.

Regards
Lifehack
With your current job, you will complete 3 years in May 2017. How many points did you get for your work ex in ITA? If its for 3 years, then they might have counted the 3 months internship too.

Lifehack

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
Hi

I got 50 for my foreign work experience.If I submit my application on May 2017 won't it be same?It will be 3 years. So the score will not change.

The problem is the Internship was in UK. I have left the company 3 years ago and have barely anyone who can give me a new letter as per requirements of CIC.What should I do now?

Will it be okay to submit all the required papers from my current job. I am giving details of my Internship in Personal History,will it be okay?Or will it be a new issue?

Regards
Lifehack

Maverick28 said:
With your current job, you will complete 3 years in May 2017. How many points did you get for your work ex in ITA? If its for 3 years, then they might have counted the 3 months internship too.

Lifehack

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
Hi

Please can anyone answer this?

Regards
Lifehack

Lifehack said:
Hi

I got 50 for my foreign work experience.If I submit my application on May 2017 won't it be same?It will be 3 years. So the score will not change.

The problem is the Internship was in UK. I have left the company 3 years ago and have barely anyone who can give me a new letter as per requirements of CIC.What should I do now?

Will it be okay to submit all the required papers from my current job. I am giving details of my Internship in Personal History,will it be okay?Or will it be a new issue?

Regards
Lifehack