+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the chance of my address being refused at POE ?

jojojojo

Nov 8, 2009
I am planning to land very soon. I will stay at my uncle's house for at least one year or so. I am single and he has a big house, so I am not planning to find a new place for the time being.

1- Can the officer refuse my uncle's address ?

2- If I change my address in ecas few weeks before landing, will that increase the chances of the address not being refused ?

3- If it happened that the address was refused and I was given a form to fill in a new address, Can i still write my uncle's address in that form and send it back to them (assuming that a different officer will look at it) ?

Any input is appreciated :)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jojojojo said:
I am planning to land very soon. I will stay at my uncle's house for at least one year or so. I am single and he has a big house, so I am not planning to find a new place for the time being.

1- Can the officer refuse my uncle's address ?

2- If I change my address in ecas few weeks before landing, will that increase the chances of the address not being refused ?

3- If it happened that the address was refused and I was given a form to fill in a new address, Can i still write my uncle's address in that form and send it back to them (assuming that a different officer will look at it) ?

Any input is appreciated :)
1. Unlikely
2. Makes no difference
3. See 1.

PMM

zygurn

Star Member
Dec 26, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2009
AOR Received.
09-06-2009
Med's Request
17-08-2009
Med's Done....
14-09-2009
Interview........
02-12-2008
Passport Req..
28-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2009
LANDED..........
10-03-2010
What he meant is that is very unlikely they will refuse your uncle's address, since well, you're staying with family. When an officer refuses an address, it's usually because he perceives it as a temporary address like a hotel room, or a friend's address when you have a return ticket.

jojojojo

Nov 8, 2009
zygurn said:
What he meant is that is very unlikely they will refuse your uncle's address, since well, you're staying with family. When an officer refuses an address, it's usually because he perceives it as a temporary address like a hotel room, or a friend's address when you have a return ticket.
Makes sense ! Thanks very much