Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-06-2020
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
Hi folks,

I just want to know what NOC would fit my job responsibilities as I do job duties listed in three different NOCs - 2174, 2171 and 2283.

Job title: QA Developer
Department: Development
Salary and other information: $7-8 more than the minimum salary in this field.
My Educational background: 2-year Ontario College Diploma in "Computer Programming"
Job Duties:
  • Write, modify, integrate and test software code in Swift and native iOS App Development on a variety of projects.
  • Maintain and enhance existing products by fixing software issues, and implementing low-to-medium scale features.
  • Ensure reliability and quality of code by writing automated Unit and/or UI Tests in Swift, Kotlin and other programming languages to test business and application logic, and integrate it with Continuous Integration tools to report failures.
  • Test mobile apps to find security flaws, user experience issues, and other regressions, and report those issues with sufficient documentation to reproduce and fix them.
  • Discuss technical problems in the code bases and apps, and review it with a team of software developers to solve them and help improve the quality of the app.
  • Write developer tools in Swift or other programming languages or implement existing ones to integrate it with products to help debug them.
  • Research and use various algorithms and technologies in products to improve them.
  • Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation such as Readme and Test Plans on the status, operation and maintenance of apps.
I basically do both actual development and automated Unit/UI Test writing along with some manual testing.
Based on my educational background, and job title, I feel like 2174 is the right choice as it seems to fit 60-70% of job duties listed under 2174. If IRCC want to know about my expertise in the field, I can also link a Mobile App I made (along with its source code) in LOC, would that worth doing?

I am curious to know what you all think.

Thank you!