+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is BF'D ? --EXPLAINED >>>

Jun 5, 2012
Dear Qorax,
Please respond to my urgent query.
I am July 2011 applicant, In my E-CAS "Medical Results has been Received" was added in the first week of august 2012.
I have recently got the email in response to my CSE :

"In response to your email, please note that your file is currently undergoing routine background checks. Whilst we appreciate that your medical examination results are due to expire on 2013/07/27, we are currently unable to advise when the checks will be completed.

Please note that no further action is required from you at this stage. We will contact you as soon as the results of the background checks have been received."

My UK visa expires in January 2013, Will I get the PPR before that?
How long will it take in my case for further processing, Please Reply
Thanks in advance

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
Ottawa, October 31, 2012 — The Government of Canada will maintain record levels of immigration to support economic growth in 2013, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

"“Our Government’s number one priority remains economic and job growth,”" said Minister Kenney. "“Newcomers bring their skills and talents, contribute to our economy and help renew our workforce so that Canada remains competitive on the world stage.”"

According to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)’s 2012 Annual Report to Parliament on Immigration tabled today, CIC plans to admit a total of 240,000 to 265,000 new permanent residents in 2013, for the seventh straight year. This represents the highest sustained level of immigration in Canadian history.

In particular, the 2013 Immigration Levels Plan makes room for the rapid growth in the Canadian Experience Class (CEC). The CEC, which was created in 2008, facilitates the transition from temporary to permanent residence for those with high-skilled work experience in Canada, including international students and temporary foreign workers. Admissions under the CEC have increased from about 2,500 people in 2009 to more than 6,000 in 2011, with more expected this year than ever before. In 2013, CIC intends to accept a record high of up to 10,000 permanent residents through this popular program.

"“Immigration plays a vital role in our country’s long-term prosperity,”" said Minister Kenney. "“Our 2013 Immigration Plan will build on our economic success by bringing in more of the world’s top talent who already have a successful track record in Canada.”"

Every year, CIC consults with provinces, territories and public stakeholders across Canada to develop a balanced immigration plan. Besides stakeholder consultations, the Canadian public is invited to participate through online consultations on immigration levels and mix. This year, for the first time in Canadian history, CIC consulted with key Aboriginal groups.

CIC’s 2013 planned admission ranges for other immigration programs will be released in the coming days.

alhassan

Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
family class
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
Doc's Request.
march 2012
Nomination.....
oct 2011
AOR Received.
feb 2012
IELTS Request
march 2012
Med's Request
20 nov 2012
Med's Done....
07 Dec 2012
Passport Req..
PPR1. 25 feb 2013,,PPR2.14 March 2013 Decision made. 17 March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
28 march 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013 ALhamduLLiulah
Muhammad Shahnawaz said:
Dear Qorax,
Please respond to my urgent query.
I am July 2011 applicant, In my E-CAS "Medical Results has been Received" was added in the first week of august 2012.
I have recently got the email in response to my CSE :

"In response to your email, please note that your file is currently undergoing routine background checks. Whilst we appreciate that your medical examination results are due to expire on 2013/07/27, we are currently unable to advise when the checks will be completed.

Please note that no further action is required from you at this stage. We will contact you as soon as the results of the background checks have been received."

My UK visa expires in January 2013, Will I get the PPR before that?
How long will it take in my case for further processing, Please Reply
Thanks in advance
bro,can u plz share how did u receive medicals,i mean through normal post or through courier.

meto

May 3, 2012
Dear Qorax,
I was send MR,PPRF, Photos, PCC and Schedule A at 23 June 2012. My younger daughter Name was wrong spelling which was sent MR form VO SG office. I was update SG VO office for correct wrong name. SG vo office update me, They updated my younger Daughter Name.

I received my caips file at last 27 October.

Shortly Explore in Bellow:
- Advising Interview waived
- Received PPRF x 2 (update 11-07-2012)
-Received IMM Photos,GCCS, SCH A x 2 (update 11-07-2012)
- My daughter Name corrected ( 11 July 2012 )
- No criminal concerns entered (6 August 2012)
PSDEC -1 (16-04-2012)
SELDEC - 1 (16-04-2012)
BDEC - Blank
MEDDEC - 0
FINDEC -0
SEC Crim - 1

Medical Status:
Medical status Code: A , Case status Assessed M01
Valid Date Until : 24 June 2013

Paper File sent to PA File BF'D To: JEN ON 16-10-2012

Please help me , what is the mean of " Paper File sent to PA File BF'D To: JEN ON 16-10-2012"

I am still waiting for PPR. When I can get PPR as your above understanding.

Thank you. I am eagerly waiting for your expert Opinion.

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PA is storage area. JEN means initials you Officer assigned to review your file on bring forward date i.e. BFD...you should be hearing from them soon since BFD had already passed until and unless another BFD was put due to any operational factor at their end..i.e if they cant issue visa for u this year due to visa quotas at hand and applicants already due for visa issuance with them...good luck
meto said:
Dear Qorax,
I was send MR,PPRF, Photos, PCC and Schedule A at 23 June 2012. My younger daughter Name was wrong spelling which was sent MR form VO SG office. I was update SG VO office for correct wrong name. SG vo office update me, They updated my younger Daughter Name.

I received my caips file at last 27 October.

Shortly Explore in Bellow:
- Advising Interview waived
- Received PPRF x 2 (update 11-07-2012)
-Received IMM Photos,GCCS, SCH A x 2 (update 11-07-2012)
- My daughter Name corrected ( 11 July 2012 )
- No criminal concerns entered (6 August 2012)
PSDEC -1 (16-04-2012)
SELDEC - 1 (16-04-2012)
BDEC - Blank
MEDDEC - 0
FINDEC -0
SEC Crim - 1

Medical Status:
Medical status Code: A , Case status Assessed M01
Valid Date Until : 24 June 2013

Paper File sent to PA File BF'D To: JEN ON 16-10-2012

Please help me , what is the mean of " Paper File sent to PA File BF'D To: JEN ON 16-10-2012"

I am still waiting for PPR. When I can get PPR as your above understanding.

Thank you. I am eagerly waiting for your expert Opinion.

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
News Release — Canada welcomes largest number of parents and grandparents in almost twenty years

Up to 35,000 parents and grandparents to be reunited with families

Mississauga, November 5, 2012
— After the first year of the Action Plan for Faster Family Reunification, major progress has been made in reuniting families more quickly and reducing the backlog of Parent and Grandparent (PGP) program applications, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

The 2013 Levels Plan, which was tabled last week, includes the admission of 25,000 parents and grandparents for the second year in a row, for a total of 50,000 between this year and next. This is a 60 percent annual increase from 2010 and the highest level in nearly two decades.

The Action Plan also took immediate steps to address a backlog of PGP applications that had ballooned to approximately 165,000 applicants, with wait times stretching to an unacceptable eight years. By the end of this year, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) expects to have reduced the backlog by about 20 percent. Of the applications cleared from the backlog, the majority met the requirements of the program and have been approved.

Furthermore, there has been strong uptake of the new Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, which allows parents and grandparents to visit Canada for up to two years at a time. The Super Visa is very popular, with over 10,000 Super Visas being issued since its launch in December 2011, and the acceptance rate is high at 87 percent.

“We listened to Canadians who told us the old program with eight-year wait times just didn't work,” said Minister Kenney. “The Harper Government's actions to fix the old broken program are working. Given the popularity of the Super Visa and planned permanent admissions of 25,000 in 2013, we expect to reunite up to 35,000 parents and grandparents with their families next year. This is a significant achievement and the highest number in nearly two decades.”

On March 23, 2012, CIC launched national public consultations on the redesign of the PGP program. Minister Kenney hosted roundtables with stakeholders and public online consultations were launched. The online consultations ran until May 25, 2012, and received a total of 6,444 responses, the highest number of responses ever received by CIC through an online consultation. A detailed summary of the results of the online consultations will be available shortly on CIC's website.

For the PGP program to be sustainable, it must be redesigned to avoid future backlogs. The redesigned program must also be sensitive to fiscal constraints, bearing in mind Canada's generous public health-care system and other social benefits.

“As we work to dramatically reduce the backlog and wait times, work on the redesign of the PGP program is progressing well,” added Minister Kenney. “As promised, within the next year we expect to launch a modernized PGP program, one that ensures that future applicants are processed quickly and that the program operates on a sustainable basis.

Sheron

Star Member
Jan 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - > Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-April-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
14-July-2010
File Transfer...
20-July-2010
Med's Request
14-May-2012
Med's Done....
06-June-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-March-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-March-2013
LANDED..........
6-April-2013
Hi,
I got my CAIPS now.. i completed my medicals on 6-6-2012 and its mentioned in my file. but my CAIPS Shows something like this:
PAPER FILE SENT TO PA FILE BF'D TO : A43 ON 18-10-2012 MICROLOCATOR:

What does this A43 means..?
When i check some websites its saying "Inadmissibility". Please somebody explain this..

Thank you very much.

NOC4131

Sep 8, 2012
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-14-2010
Doc's Request.
Feb-01-2011 (Doc sent dt)
Nomination.....
Updated Forms + Police Certf sent (May-2014)
AOR Received.
October-2010 (Full Doc request dt)
IELTS Request
Alongwith Full Docs (Feb-01-11)
File Transfer...
6-12 month letter (June 2012),18 month letter (May 2013)
Med's Request
Oct-22-2014
Med's Done....
Oct-30-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-14-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec-05-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah on 5th day of Eid-ul-Fitr 2015
DEAR QORAX

AS I HAVE RECEIVED JUST 6-12 MONTHS WAIT LETTER IN LATE JUNE-2012 & MY CAIPS IN SEPT-2012

CAIPS NOTES:
BZZ LETTER SENT, MEDICAL PRINTED, P103 PREPARED .... REQUIRED UPDATED FORMS + PHOTOS,REVISED POF, POLICE CERTIFICATE AND RPRF......DUE DATE IS 24-MAY-2013.

STILL I HVN'T RECVD ANY FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS BY LVO EXCEPT 6-12 MONTHS WAIT LETTER......BUT NOW I AM ALMOST READY TO SEND THE DOCS OF MY NEW BORN.

THE QUESTION IS THAT ..... MAY I SEND THE REQUIRED DOCS LIKE ... PHOTOS, REVISED POF & RPRF WITH THE DOCS OF NEW BORN, BY THE REFERENCE OF MY CAIPS ?? OR WAIT FOR THE LVO INSTRUCTIONS??

I DON'T THINK THERE IS ANY HARM TO SEND THESE DOCS WITHOUT ASKING BY LVO, AS ITS CLEARLY MENTIONED IN MY CAIPS NOTES THAT THEY WOULD ASK ME FOR THESE DOCS, BUT WHEN ... GOD KNOWS!!!. ..............BUT IT COULD BE SAVE MY TIME !!!!

REQUIRED YR VALUABLE COMMENTS IN THIS REGARD.

Polgas

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Two Six Double 0
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN. 27, 2013
Doc's Request.
JUL. 23, 2013
Nomination.....
CSQ: APR. 10, 2013
AOR Received.
FEB. 13, 2013
File Transfer...
FEB. 21, 2013
Med's Done....
JAN. 07, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
JUL. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
JAN. 08, 2014
LANDED..........
JAN. 31, 2014
qorax said:
All about BF'D :
-Only for some of us who didn't know...

BF'D is an acronym for "Bring Forward Date" in the Canadian PR processing system. Usually our file moves from BF'D to BF'D, as it is the day/date next earmarked by our VO to check our file. This actually serves to eliminate unnecessary clogging of the system... that if there is nothing further to add in a particular file, the VO moves to another case file to work on, rather than holding onto the same one.

What happens on a BF'D
In simple terms it is the date that the file will be looked at [again], assessed, reviewed by your case handling officer at the CHC. S/he will check if anything is lacking, any further queries to be made [to you], any documents to be asked or if any decisive action is to be made/taken. Basically it serves as a 'Reminder Tool' to the case processing officer & that your file is not 'forgotten'.

Now, if the VO observes that something is lacking [that which was asked for], s/he will probably attempt to contact you on this BF'D day and mark another BF'D on your file. This depends on the subject of check [the all time phrase 'Case-to-Case' basis]. Sometimes, if the check report warrants, the VO might not give you another opportunity and take a decisive action. Note: The situation is fluid & no one can really provide a sanguine comment on it.

Will the file be 'only' looked at a BF'D
No. If something like reports, results, documents etc. [eg. background/security checks] comes to the CHC in between, your file gets opened and assessed. However, if nothing is received in between, you get another BF'D. Note once again: If they are waiting for something and it comes as expected then the file continues to be processed further, if not then the file will be next reviewed on the BFD 'only'.

An Example
Every time we get a letter/email from the CHC -it carries a 'time limit' to submit something, right? Say 45 days, 60 days or 90 days... the ending day of that time limit is our next BF'D. As an example, if the CHC sent you a medical request [alongwith the forms] on 02 Jan 2010; and it carries a 60 day's deadline -it means your file has been marked with the next BF'D of 01 Mar 2010.

However, if your medical results are received before the BF'D [01 Mar 2010], say on 05 Feb 2010 -your file will be further processed on that day itself [05 Feb 2010]. If the med results didn't come by earlier, then it will be opened on 01 Mar 2010 -the BF'D day.

How many BF'Ds we get
Some BF'Ds are 'routine', as exampled above. Then there are some which is either case generated or because of us. By 'case generated' I mean, [eg.] if one's Security Report is pending from an external agency -the VO gives a BF'D & waits. If the report comes in time, action is taken. If it doesn't, one gets another BF'D. And the situation continues...

By 'because of us'* I mean if the VO had asked us for a document [or a couple of them]. It is wise that we proceed to submit the document/s asap. Reason? The case moves faster [read: it'll open before the BF'D]. If we don't, s/he may try to contact us on the BF'D day & log another BF'D on our file [result: Delay/s].

Delays due to BF'Ds
As stated above, except the 'routine' ones, other BF'Ds do delay our process. At the least [best scenario] each BF'D would be a month apart. Some might be more. The ideal action on our part is to submit anything that has been asked for asap. That would negate a BF'D. However, there can be times that something we just might not be able to send asap. In that case we 'must' send it by the 'deadline' -that'd avoid another BF'D, won't it?

*Many Consultants [so called agents] erroneously advise us otherwise. Stating, "Oh you got the meds, don't worry you have time till 60 days to do it". That's a 'bull'. I'd advise -do it asap, if the speed of your case process matters to you.

This post I chose to write 'coz many members are either clueless about the BF'D issue or take it lightly. Which, albeit causes delays [without our actual intention]. Moreover, there are repeated queries on the subject in various threads. I hope this helped...
Qorax
Shouldmi say this is a godlike guide? *bowdown* 8) 8)

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
hi is ter any progress in ur case, gcms etc or still waiting
nekeol
NOC4131 said:
DEAR QORAX

AS I HAVE RECEIVED JUST 6-12 MONTHS WAIT LETTER IN LATE JUNE-2012 & MY CAIPS IN SEPT-2012

CAIPS NOTES:
BZZ LETTER SENT, MEDICAL PRINTED, P103 PREPARED .... REQUIRED UPDATED FORMS + PHOTOS,REVISED POF, POLICE CERTIFICATE AND RPRF......DUE DATE IS 24-MAY-2013.

STILL I HVN'T RECVD ANY FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS BY LVO EXCEPT 6-12 MONTHS WAIT LETTER......BUT NOW I AM ALMOST READY TO SEND THE DOCS OF MY NEW BORN.

THE QUESTION IS THAT ..... MAY I SEND THE REQUIRED DOCS LIKE ... PHOTOS, REVISED POF & RPRF WITH THE DOCS OF NEW BORN, BY THE REFERENCE OF MY CAIPS ?? OR WAIT FOR THE LVO INSTRUCTIONS??

I DON'T THINK THERE IS ANY HARM TO SEND THESE DOCS WITHOUT ASKING BY LVO, AS ITS CLEARLY MENTIONED IN MY CAIPS NOTES THAT THEY WOULD ASK ME FOR THESE DOCS, BUT WHEN ... GOD KNOWS!!!. ..............BUT IT COULD BE SAVE MY TIME !!!!

REQUIRED YR VALUABLE COMMENTS IN THIS REGARD.

juan74

Oct 16, 2012
Good morning qorax.
Thanks for your explanation on due dates. (BFD)
I have 2 questions for you.
In my notes I found out that my file is assigned to RC-9515
In all my steps
Medical passed
Criminality in process assigned to RC -9515
Due date 4/4/2013
Security not started assigned to RC -9515
Due date 4/4/2013
Eligibility not started assigned to RC -9515
Question is what RC -9515 means????
I know someone check my file yesterday (4/4/2013)
Is good idea to apply for caips note to see what did happen to my file yesterday?
Last time I got them
Was january 15 2013. :) :)

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
Juan74, RC9515 is ur officer responsible for file processing, but surprising is elegibility not started, then why they asked for medical in 2012. anyhow wish u good luck. nekeol

juan74

Oct 16, 2012
Oh yea really wird my friend..check my timeline and this info and give me your opinion please.
Application filled january 30th 2012
AOR and medical request same day 27th April 2012
Medical done may 9th
After that ....nothing till 1 feb 2013 ottawa requesting new police certificates
(Sent them 6 march 2013)
I asked for caips notes ..came january 15th 2013 and like Iam saying a lot due dates for yesterday 4/4/2013
What u think??? Almost there??