+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is BF'D ? --EXPLAINED >>>

V

visheshmalhotra13

Fira123,

I think your medicals must be on the way. Look out for postman...Best of luck.

Kaashif

Jan 13, 2011
Hi all Senior members,

I got my caips notes today.

Paper File Sent to PPS FILE BF'D TO: PCL ON 28-10-2010

PSDEC 0 , BDEC 0 , OREQ 0, SELDEC 0, MEDDEC 0, FINDEC0

IMM 1017S REQUESTED: BLANK

PAPER FILE TRANSFER TO LONDON: 7 DEC 2010
ELECTRONIC FILE TRANSFER FROM ISBAD CAIPS TO LDN CAIPS IN BULK ON 27 JAN 2011 (AND MY CASE IN PROCESS DATE IS 27 JAN 2011)

VIEW SCANNED DOCUMENTS: N
VIEW MEDICAL ASSESSMENTS FOR ENTIRE FAMILY (Y/N)? Y

IN IMMIGRATION ASSESSMENT RECORD SUMMARY

ONLY 10POINT FOR AGE
TOTAL 010 000

Can you friends explain this?

Thanks
MUHAMMAD KAASHIF

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Kaashif said:
Hi all Senior members,

I got my caips notes today.

Paper File Sent to PPS FILE BF'D TO: PCL ON 28-10-2010

PSDEC 0 , BDEC 0 , OREQ 0, SELDEC 0, MEDDEC 0, FINDEC0

IMM 1017S REQUESTED: BLANK

PAPER FILE TRANSFER TO LONDON: 7 DEC 2010
ELECTRONIC FILE TRANSFER FROM ISBAD CAIPS TO LDN CAIPS IN BULK ON 27 JAN 2011 (AND MY CASE IN PROCESS DATE IS 27 JAN 2011)

VIEW SCANNED DOCUMENTS: N
VIEW MEDICAL ASSESSMENTS FOR ENTIRE FAMILY (Y/N)? Y

IN IMMIGRATION ASSESSMENT RECORD SUMMARY

ONLY 10POINT FOR AGE
TOTAL 010 000

Can you friends explain this?

Thanks
MUHAMMAD KAASHIF

Hi Kaashif,
Your Caip Notes are similar to mine. nothing has been done to the file yet. That is the reason every field is zero except age that was locked in long time ago. You just have to wait. All of us are in the waiting camp.

S

sandeep714

Very helpfull qurax

Regards
Sandeep

qorax said:
All about BF'D :
-Only for some of us who didn't know...

BF'D is an acronym for "Bring Forward Date" in the Canadian PR processing system. Usually our file moves from BF'D to BF'D, as it is the day/date next earmarked by our VO to check our file. This actually serves to eliminate unnecessary clogging of the system... that if there is nothing further to add in a particular file, the VO moves to another case file to work on, rather than holding onto the same one.

What happens on a BF'D
In simple terms it is the date that the file will be looked at [again], assessed, reviewed by your case handling officer at the CHC. S/he will check if anything is lacking, any further queries to be made [to you], any documents to be asked or if any decisive action is to be made/taken. Basically it serves as a 'Reminder Tool' to the case processing officer & that your file is not 'forgotten'.

Now, if the VO observes that something is lacking [that which was asked for], s/he will probably attempt to contact you on this BF'D day and mark another BF'D on your file. This depends on the subject of check [the all time phrase 'Case-to-Case' basis]. Sometimes, if the check report warrants, the VO might not give you another opportunity and take a decisive action. Note: The situation is fluid & no one can really provide a sanguine comment on it.

Will the file be 'only' looked at a BF'D
No. If something like reports, results, documents etc. [eg. background/security checks] comes to the CHC in between, your file gets opened and assessed. However, if nothing is received in between, you get another BF'D. Note once again: If they are waiting for something and it comes as expected then the file continues to be processed further, if not then the file will be next reviewed on the BFD 'only'.

An Example
Every time we get a letter/email from the CHC -it carries a 'time limit' to submit something, right? Say 45 days, 60 days or 90 days... the ending day of that time limit is our next BF'D. As an example, if the CHC sent you a medical request [alongwith the forms] on 02 Jan 2010; and it carries a 60 day's deadline -it means your file has been marked with the next BF'D of 01 Mar 2010.

However, if your medical results are received before the BF'D [01 Mar 2010], say on 05 Feb 2010 -your file will be further processed on that day itself [05 Feb 2010]. If the med results didn't come by earlier, then it will be opened on 01 Mar 2010 -the BF'D day.

How many BF'Ds we get
Some BF'Ds are 'routine', as exampled above. Then there are some which is either case generated or because of us. By 'case generated' I mean, [eg.] if one's Security Report is pending from an external agency -the VO gives a BF'D & waits. If the report comes in time, action is taken. If it doesn't, one gets another BF'D. And the situation continues...

By 'because of us'* I mean if the VO had asked us for a document [or a couple of them]. It is wise that we proceed to submit the document/s asap. Reason? The case moves faster [read: it'll open before the BF'D]. If we don't, s/he may try to contact us on the BF'D day & log another BF'D on our file [result: Delay/s].

Delays due to BF'Ds
As stated above, except the 'routine' ones, other BF'Ds do delay our process. At the least [best scenario] each BF'D would be a month apart. Some might be more. The ideal action on our part is to submit anything that has been asked for asap. That would negate a BF'D. However, there can be times that something we just might not be able to send asap. In that case we 'must' send it by the 'deadline' -that'd avoid another BF'D, won't it?

*Many Consultants [so called agents] erroneously advise us otherwise. Stating, "Oh you got the meds, don't worry you have time till 60 days to do it". That's a 'bull'. I'd advise -do it asap, if the speed of your case process matters to you.

This post I chose to write 'coz many members are either clueless about the BF'D issue or take it lightly. Which, albeit causes delays [without our actual intention]. Moreover, there are repeated queries on the subject in various threads. I hope this helped...
Qorax

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Hi Qorax,

I need your help regarding an issue.I am a July 2007 applicant of London office .After doing my medicals in October 2010, I send my first email inquiry in January 2011 and since that date I am continuously receiving the same reply from London(total 3 in number) that"your file is currently awaiting review by an IO".

Please advise how come a file can be waiting in a queue for more than four months whereas most of the applicants receive PPRs within one month after getting this type of reply.

Moreover are my B/G checks finished or still going on as CIC never mentioned about them in any of their email, after my medicals.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
Simply great, Qorax!!! Many many thanks for sharing such a great post for us!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
newcomer said:
Hi Qorax,

I need your help regarding an issue.I am a July 2007 applicant of London office .After doing my medicals in October 2010, I send my first email inquiry in January 2011 and since that date I am continuously receiving the same reply from London(total 3 in number) that"your file is currently awaiting review by an IO".

Please advise how come a file can be waiting in a queue for more than four months whereas most of the applicants receive PPRs within one month after getting this type of reply.

Moreover are my B/G checks finished or still going on as CIC never mentioned about them in any of their email, after my medicals.

Your help will be highly appreciated.
It might not only be the case of a 'review by the VO' -- your Security Checks might not have returned as well.
Qorax

wello

Star Member
Dec 22, 2010
hi qorax,
i am now chasing you now in all of your topics :D :D

if my bring forward day was 2 nov 2010 (since this date, the embassy never asked for any further doucments)
my online status changed to "in process" on 5 April 2011... (current processing time for cairo office is 24 months, 3 months now are remaining)

when do you think i should hear anything from them? (roughly)

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
wello said:
hi qorax,
i am now chasing you now in all of your topics :D :D

if my bring forward day was 2 nov 2010 (since this date, the embassy never asked for any further doucments)
my online status changed to "in process" on 5 April 2011... (current processing time for cairo office is 24 months, 3 months now are remaining)

when do you think i should hear anything from them? (roughly)
Difficult to answer... couple of BF'Ds more have gone by & b/g checks r yet on... I guess there should be something coming-up anytime now. Why don't u send them a query?

Qorax

wello

Star Member
Dec 22, 2010
qorax said:
Difficult to answer... couple of BF'Ds more have gone by & b/g checks r yet on... I guess there should be something coming-up anytime now. Why don't u send them a query?

Qorax
i keep sending them queries every couple of months, same reply comes back "your file will not receive a determination except after at least 24 months"!!! my last query was one months ago, and it was with the same reply!!!

another thing, do you think that since the file is delayed for 2 years now, will they ask for another set of forms/fresh documents beside the new police clearences?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
wello said:
i keep sending them queries every couple of months, same reply comes back "your file will not receive a determination except after at least 24 months"!!! my last query was one months ago, and it was with the same reply!!!

another thing, do you think that since the file is delayed for 2 years now, will they ask for another set of forms/fresh documents beside the new police clearences?
Yes, they sometimes do ask updated docs.

jaydeepdave

Star Member
Feb 15, 2011
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-09-2010
Dear Quorax,

I need your views on my case. I have got my 1st AOR on 27th September 2010. I hv sent my all documents except my IELTS score on 22nd January 2011. I hav sent my score on 2nd February 2011. I got one letter on 4th Feb 2011 stating below information..

UCI ******** Application : *********

XYZ

This refers to your application for permenant residence in CANADA which was received on 05/04/2010. We confirm receipt of your application package at the Visa Office New Delhi.

Before your application can be placed in processing, a determination will be made as to whether
or not you are eligible for processing. lf your applic-Jtion is not eligible for processing, you will
receive a letter inforrning you of ihe reasons for the decision as well as a refund.

Processing time
Appiications for permanent residence in Canada in the category you have applied to requires an average of 10 months to process at the office.
If you have not revcevived any instructions from the office 6 months after you submitted your full application you are requested to contact this office directly.

Interview
you will be notified of the appointment for your interview.

Now, i have following questions...

1. Is this my 2nd AOR?

2. My file no. has not got changed from 1st AOR, why is it so? and does tht makes any difference?

3. Is ther any difference in E-cas status "In process" and "Your documents are received and pending for review"?? I have status in my Ecas tht "Your documnets are received by us and pending for review"

4 Rightnow what process in going on with my file? in how much time i can expect any update? and what about my category 1111. Is quota over for tht?

PLEASE GUYS, HELP ME I M VERY MUCH CONFUSED.CAN ANYONE ANSWER ME PLEASE?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jaydeepdave said:
Dear Quorax,

I need your views on my case. I have got my 1st AOR on 27th September 2010. I hv sent my all documents except my IELTS score on 22nd January 2011. I hav sent my score on 2nd February 2011. I got one letter on 4th Feb 2011 stating below information..

UCI ******** Application : *********

XYZ

This refers to your application for permenant residence in CANADA which was received on 05/04/2010. We confirm receipt of your application package at the Visa Office New Delhi.

Before your application can be placed in processing, a determination will be made as to whether
or not you are eligible for processing. lf your applic-Jtion is not eligible for processing, you will
receive a letter inforrning you of ihe reasons for the decision as well as a refund.

Processing time
Appiications for permanent residence in Canada in the category you have applied to requires an average of 10 months to process at the office.
If you have not revcevived any instructions from the office 6 months after you submitted your full application you are requested to contact this office directly.

Interview
you will be notified of the appointment for your interview.

Now, i have following questions...
1. Is this my 2nd AOR?
-Yes, it is.

2. My file no. has not got changed from 1st AOR, why is it so? and does tht makes any difference?
-File No. doesn't change with everyone... it makes no difference.

3. Is ther any difference in E-cas status "In process" and "Your documents are received and pending for review"?? I have status in my Ecas tht "Your documnets are received by us and pending for review"
-No difference.

4 Rightnow what process in going on with my file? in how much time i can expect any update? and what about my category 1111. Is quota over for tht?
-It is under b/ground checks. Currently cases take 24-36 months to complete. NOC1111 is no more in the MI List of 29... thus, no quota, nothing.

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
Dear Quorax,

In continuation to your reply, I have few quick questions.

When the e-cas status shows In Process with "They are pending review" inside, what does it mean? The processing has not been started yet, right? And my concern is before starting the processing, what background check do they do? What includes in the background check?

Your kind cooperation is highly appreciated all the times!

Thanks and regards,

smiling_face :)

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
smiling_face said:
Dear Quorax,

In continuation to your reply, I have few quick questions.

When the e-cas status shows In Process with "They are pending review" inside, what does it mean? The processing has not been started yet, right? And my concern is before starting the processing, what background check do they do? What includes in the background check?

Your kind cooperation is highly appreciated all the times!

Thanks and regards,

smiling_face :)
The moment our e-Cas states 'in process' we should understand that our case file has commenced processing & b/ground checks have begun. What steps they take & how - depends on our filing, the VO's perception, a bit of luck & the strength of our supporting docs.

Unless we have a 'Visa Office Eligibility Review Complete' [Danger] in the e-Cas, we r good to go... whatever else is written there is not so important... it's just a matter of work process. If u see the CAIPS u'd know that there'd be many BF'Ds - which suggest that each time a VO has reviewed the case file.

Qorax