+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is AOR ?

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
Hi,

I currently received my ITA and I'm filling the application online. When I submit the documents required and pay the RPRF, this is when I receive an AOR?
I'm not sure exactly

Thanks

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I currently received my ITA and I'm filling the application online. When I submit the documents required and pay the RPRF, this is when I receive an AOR?
I'm not sure exactly

Thanks
Yes, just means that they received your application, nothing else

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
Yes, just means that they received your application, nothing else
I lived in Spain from 2013-2015, so I need a police certificate from there. Can I travel to that country NOW and get one, then submit it in my application? Will it be valid ?

thanks

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I lived in Spain from 2013-2015, so I need a police certificate from there. Can I travel to that country NOW and get one, then submit it in my application? Will it be valid ?

thanks
You have to get it BEFORE submit your application. I don't know where you are living now, but I saw people who got it from outside of Spain. You can search in this forum.

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
You have to get it BEFORE submit your application. I don't know where you are living now, but I saw people who got it from outside of Spain. You can search in this forum.
Yes of course, I can't submit the application before I get a certificate..

I am asking about travelling to the country, someone said you can only obtain it from outside of the country if you no longer reside there... Can I go personally and get it now? Before I submit my application?

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes of course, I can't submit the application before I get a certificate..

I am asking about travelling to the country, someone said you can only obtain it from outside of the country if you no longer reside there... Can I go personally and get it now? Before I submit my application?
oh sorry i misunderstood. Well, I had some case like that. In the cic website says that for the country you no longer reside the PCC must be dated after the last departure. Means even you go to Spain to apply for it, you should leave before the PCC is made. I would recommend you to check to do it from overseas or ask some friend for help. Also, remember that the PCC must be legalized if it is on electronic signature (like mine). you can find the info in the cic website:

"IMPORTANT: Digital certificates obtained online at the Justice website must be legalized to be considered valid in Canada. Information about this can be found on the same website."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/europe/spain.asp

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
oh sorry i misunderstood. Well, I had some case like that. In the cic website says that for the country you no longer reside the PCC must be dated after the last departure.
the website clearly says : "For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant lived in that country."

I don't live there anymore... I will go on a tourist visa for a few days just to get the document. I don't see the sense in that being unacceptable :/