+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What if some one hides information

cuccoo0

Jan 31, 2009
Hi All
Guys i have a very interesting question i.e. What if someone hides some facts from CHC.
Well actually a friend of mine who does not want to reveal his ID has asked me to ask this question.
He is doing some job right now but to avoid hassel of getting documents ref letters, et etc he does not want to reveal it to the CHC. His case is sitting in CHC London. What he wanna know is whether CHC London shall ever be able to track his back ground? Does CHC has access to a person's Tax forms etc in UK? He has not mentioned about this job either in application or after the acceptance?
Could somebody plz throw some light on this issue.
Regards

iii

Jul 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's certainly unwise to conceal such vital information. My advise is while sending his documents to CIC, he should enclose a covering letter explaining the difficulty with obtaining a letter from his present employer- like losing one's job etc.

capriraj

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Very interesting;

Why would it be a hastle to get Ref. letters from the current employer, that's the right of the employee.

> CHC will definitely look into your tax forms and they will find out that your friend is getting paid from two places then it could be a trouble.
> If its a temporary work assignment, or employment then its not a big problem.

My Query is;

When did he started on this job, before or after making the application?

cuccoo0

Jan 31, 2009
HI
Thanks for your reply. What my friend actually wanted to know is that does CHC has rights to check his Tax Returns within uk. In easy words CHC London can get police information and they can call the emploter (if one has mentioned that he worked for such and such employer), but what if one has not mentioned in application about an employer? Hopefully you got the point. means one has applied for immigration and has provided all the documents necessary for his previous jobs but he did not mention one of his jobs here in UK (which ofcourse was temporary and he still is doing that for couple of months). How could that be included in the back ground check. Means do you think that taxes within UK are way beyond CHC London Jurisdiction?
Please reply
Regards

zulkfal

Sep 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2009
Doc's Request.
15/12/2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06/05/2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Doc's
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/05/2011 (Dated: 24/04/2011)
Med's Done....
09/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
I don't think so, as UK home office had to go to Parliament before they were allowed for random tax checks for foreign students, work permit holders and those who or on HSMP visa. You can search this on BBC it was around in 2008, before that British home office was not allowed to do that. Still, they are allowed for random not full tax.

david_oz

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2010
AOR Received.
12-03-2010
Med's Request
29-06-2010
Med's Done....
30-06-2010
Passport Req..
20-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2010
LANDED..........
04-09-2010
CHC has no right to check his tax records in any country

however, in the initial forms i filled out, it basically asked for your whole life history. i had to give details of everything i have done (eg. employment, study, travel, unemployment... whatever it is) since my 18th birthday. a large gap would look quite suspicious

and of course if you didnt put the job on the form, then you wouldnt get any points for the experience

if your friend is worried about his job security there are other ways to prove his employment. a copy of the employment contract for example, pay slips, and his tax records would all prove he was employed with this company and doing the duties mentioned without needing to get a reference from the employer.