+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What if I land in Canada till my visa validity date but DON'T obtain my PR card till then ?

MB2010

Aug 30, 2017
I recd my passport stamped with visa and COPR and the validity date was mentioned as 22nd June 2018. I need to know if the PR Card must be obtained by this date or does it only mean we have to land in Canada by then ? Take an example:- I land in Canada in April 2018 and the PRcard is delayed at government's end and my visa expires.. what happens in this case ?

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016
I recd my passport stamped with visa and COPR and the validity date was mentioned as 22nd June 2018. I need to know if the PR Card must be obtained by this date or does it only mean we have to land in Canada by then ? Take an example:- I land in Canada in April 2018 and the PRcard is delayed at government's end and my visa expires.. what happens in this case ?
The expiration date on the visa is the date you have to land. It doesn't matter if you don't receive your PR card by them. Once you have landed you don't have to worry about the visa. Your passport will be stamped and the COPR marked showing landing.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
The OP should just be aware that if they leave Canada before they get their PR card they will need to apply for a PRTD to travel back.