+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What if I have to Leave Canada?

sanpen

Jun 5, 2008
Hi, I have applied for inland sponsorhip in Spetember 2008. My visitor visa expired on Nov 11th. 2008
In case I need to go to India next month on an urgent basis, I want to understand how do I go about it. At the airport, will the officials bother me since I dont have a visa status? Will I be able to explain to them that my PR is in process? How does it work? Any idea?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is generally not advised to leave Canada while you have an inland application in process. If you are refused entry, you can kiss your applilcation goodbye. You should not have let your visit visa expire. You should have applied to renew it. You should right now apply to restore your status, costs a bit more to make yourself a legal visitor.

msgomez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2008
Canada
I have to agree with Leon here... if you leave without a valid Visa your current application is null and void - You'll have to start all over again. Your best bet would be to apply to re-new your Visa and only once you have a new one should you be traveling abroad. If you don't and do decide to leave they most likely won't let you back in.

M

med

yes right , ou are getting urself into trouble by trying to leave canada , you have to renew ur visitor visa first , i still cant understand wh u didnt renew it

sanpen

Jun 5, 2008
I have already applied for an extension of visa with my PR application. I am not asking about what will happen to my PR application process if I leave. What I am asking is how do I handle it at the airport if I have to leave in an emergency.

Anatolia

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
If you have to leave, you won't be hassled at all. You just go. But don't expect to come back and to be let in. They most likely will not let you back in, unless you come with a new fresh Visitor's Visa from your country.

msgomez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2008
Canada
Anatolia is absoluely right, they won't stop you at all from leaving. Only thing is in Canada's "eyes" emergency or not, you'll have a hard time coming in if they even do let you back in at all. None of us are being unsympathetic, it's a reality.