+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what if i get married here,do i need to return back to my homeland ?

eunice

Jan 17, 2010
hi to all of you,
i just want help from you who have knowledge about this issue,what if i get married ,do i need to return back to my homeland and then my husband will get me to process my papers just to come back in canada?
thanks for the help in advance!

techieguy

Feb 4, 2010
depends how you got into Canada and how long u have here legally. I was going to bring my g/f over on a visitors, then marry her, apply for Change of status...and she would have to wait in Canada for 1 yr - no leaving until all papers were completed...but we were married in Phills and now I will just apply for spousal - 6-8 months. I am told.

Up to you...

eunice

Jan 17, 2010
ok thanks kuya,so filipino ka ryt?kalahi tayo,,anyway,kararating ko lang dito last oct.kaso my bf white wants me to marry me in april,but i am under live in caregiver visa,somebody told even imarry him and change my status as married,need ko pa daw balik pinas..

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
eunice said:
ok thanks kuya,so filipino ka ryt?kalahi tayo,,anyway,kararating ko lang dito last oct.kaso my bf white wants me to marry me in april,but i am under live in caregiver visa,somebody told even imarry him and change my status as married,need ko pa daw balik pinas..
You can get married. There's nothing in the guidelines that say live in caregivers can not get married in Canada. Your husband can do an inland or outland sponsorship. You can stay in Canada for as long as your work permit is valid (while waiting for the sponsorship). And you can request extension should it expire (no 100% approval, but you can try).

relaxgurl

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 05,2013
AOR Received.
Jun. 2013 (A.i.p Rec.) May21 2014
Hi Job Seeker can my husband apply for a visitors visa...am i canada under LCP and his name is on my documents i submitted for work permit! is is chance of getting visitors visa slim?

k0nghe

Apr 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi

pwede po malaman kung anu mas advisable...
ang magpakasal muna ang live-in partners dito sa pinas o mag-apply muna ako as common-law?

raven31

Apr 25, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got married in Singapore and then my husband applied for tourist visa in Canada High Commission-Singapore. He was given 2 months validity on a single entry then we were advised to do the sponsorship and apply for his PR. At this time, the sponsorship has been approved and PR is currently on process in Singapore.

But I heard Manila seems to process Family Class faster. Some of them already have passport request in 2-3 months. My lawyer just informed me though that applying for tourist visa is now harder than before. Good luck! :)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Pareho lang ang consideration ng Canada sa common law at married. Sa common law lang dapat may proof kayo na you have lived together and "merged" your lives together, like isang address, joint bank accounts, credit cards life insurance ....

k0nghe said:
hi

pwede po malaman kung anu mas advisable...
ang magpakasal muna ang live-in partners dito sa pinas o mag-apply muna ako as common-law?