+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What if i come back without PR card after landing..

Hot-Lier

May 27, 2009
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2011
Doc's Request.
17-4-2012
AOR Received.
17-4-2012
File Transfer...
14-08-2011
Med's Request
07-06-2012
Med's Done....
12-06-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
8-09-2012
Hi Seniors.........

I just wanted to confirm that what happens, if i complete the landing formalities in Canada and after staying there for one week,return back to my country. And return to Canada after one year. Is it easy to get a travel document from local high commission in this case.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
U are right about the travel document.

Yes, it is quite easy to get it, called 'PRTD' [Temp. Travel Document for a PR]. It costs $50 & can be obtained from your local CHC, w/out any difficulty.

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010
qorax said:
U are right about the travel document.

Yes, it is quite easy to get it, called 'PRTD' [Temp. Travel Document for a PR]. It costs $50 & can be obtained from your local CHC, w/out any difficulty.

What is this???? :eek:

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
accounts said:
What is this???? :eek:
Accounts,

There r plenty of cases when a landed immigrant (now called the permanent resident) needs to return back, without waiting for 30-45 days in Canada, due to his preoccupation, whatever it may be.

In such a scenario he cannot get his PR card, as the PR card processing times can be anything from 30-60 days. The PR card, officially, should take 4-6 weeks, but can be longer due to admin reasons. Plz see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#pr_card

So, how do we come back?
Returning to Canada without a PR Card:
The process in such cases is that one needs to apply for a 'PRTD-A31 (3)' (Temp. PR Travel Document) at the local CHC. It costs CAD 50. Details of it is provided at the 'Manual for Permanent Resident Card' (ENF 27). Plz see section 5.2. 'General conditions for persons applying for a card' page 12 & 13. Which can also be found at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf27-eng.pdf

Quote/ ...However, in cases where travel plans do not allow for the processing of a PR card on an expedited basis, clients have the alternative of applying at a visa office abroad for a temporary travel document issued under A31(3), prior to their return. This procedure requires a fee payment of $50, as well as a determination of their permanent resident status (see OP 10, section 7). Visa offices maintain a high-quality service standard for the issuance of PRTDs, and seek to facilitate the return travel of legitimate permanent residents to Canada, wherever possible. /Unquote

Regards,
Qorax.

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Quorax,you are a vetera.

Ta.

domingo

Jan 20, 2009
Hot-Lier said:
Hi Seniors.........

I just wanted to confirm that what happens, if i complete the landing formalities in Canada and after staying there for one week,return back to my country. And return to Canada after one year. Is it easy to get a travel document from local high commission in this case.
I am not a senior, but here are my 2 cents

Just chill it out man! Stay there for another couple of weeks and come back wit PR card. Alternatively, have someone DHL your PR card to your country.

Romford

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23rd Sep 09
Med's Request
5 Nov 09
Med's Done....
6 Nov 09
Passport Req..
April 10, again July 10
VISA ISSUED...
July 10
LANDED..........
Oct 4, 2010......
hmmmmmmm, so all this long procedure or couple of more weeks,,,,, i would echo Domingo

rayan oulad hammadi

Star Member
Sep 19, 2011
tetouan
Category........
Visa Office......
rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
I have workpermit valid and visa expired for my old passport, which is now cancelled and new passport is issued. Now I want to travel out of canada after landing im just waiting for passport requesrt to go to buffalo to get my canadian Visa stamping.

1) do you think i have to give them in buffalo my two passport the old one(canceled) and the new one coz i applied with the first one?
2) can i do the landing when im coming back to canada from buffalo at any border near to toronto?
3)I cant wait pr card to travel out side canada,i want to travel after the landing directly do you think i need any paper when i coming back?

thank you my friends
Regards