+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHAT IF I CHANGE EMPLOYER?

NannyBel

Oct 19, 2013
Hello everyone,

If I change my employer now before I finish my 2 years contract to them, does it affect me or some kind of delay in applying for an open permit in the future?

As far as I know, I can apply for an open permit as well as the PR after 24 months stay here under Live-in Caregiver Program.

I am working here for a year and I am planning to change employer(actually found a new employer to be),but I just hesitant to transfer for this reason.

I have done research regarding changing employers and read some of the conversation in this site, but I didn't see any answer that can help me to decide .

Help me decide please..

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You can apply for permanent residency after LEGALLY working for 24 months as a nanny/caregiver. If you change employer, there will be a gap in your work. You can't start working for an employer until you have a work permit for that employer. LMO application alone will take several weeks coupled with several weeks waiting for the new WP; you're looking at roughly 6 months, more or less depending upon the processing time, of delay. You can shorten the gap by looking for an employer, processing the LMO, applying for the new work permit, while still working for your current employer. then give notice once you have the new work permit. read your contract as to how much time you give them a heads up before leaving their employ.

NannyBel said:
Hello everyone,

If I change my employer now before I finish my 2 years contract to them, does it affect me or some kind of delay in applying for an open permit in the future?

As far as I know, I can apply for an open permit as well as the PR after 24 months stay here under Live-in Caregiver Program.

I am working here for a year and I am planning to change employer(actually found a new employer to be),but I just hesitant to transfer for this reason.

I have done research regarding changing employers and read some of the conversation in this site, but I didn't see any answer that can help me to decide .

Help me decide please..

NannyBel

Oct 19, 2013
I give notice to my employer now, and he already have the ROE form but didn't fill it up yet..I want to take your advice, but what will happen to that form he ordered if I still stay there. Is there an expiry date for that ROE form or he can just use it whenever I want to leave ( a couple of month from now until I get my new wok permit)?