+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens if I don't get BOWP before my work permit expires?

kairulez

Feb 15, 2012
Hey guys,

So I applied for my BOWP yesterday. My WP is expiring on 17th Jan. Now I am worried that I won't get it before it expires. If I don't get it, what are the options?

Thanks!

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
kairulez said:
Hey guys,

So I applied for my BOWP yesterday. My WP is expiring on 17th Jan. Now I am worried that I won't get it before it expires. If I don't get it, what are the options?

Thanks!
You can apply for BOWP if your CEC application is under process.. as long as CIC has issued AOR before the time of BOWP application processing, you will get BOWP... just write a letter stating you have already applied for CEC and provide proofs (Payment for CEC application, delivery confirmation)..

When did you apply for CEC? Either way, applying for paper based BOWP application is the next step for you :)

kairulez

Feb 15, 2012
I applied in Feb for CEC. Will I have to quit my job and leave the country if I don't get BOWP by the time my work permit expires?

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
kairulez said:
I applied in Feb for CEC. Will I have to quit my job and leave the country if I don't get BOWP by the time my work permit expires?
If you do not get your BOWP before your current permit expires.. then you will be on implied status and continue working until a decision is made on your BOWP application.. U can continue working as long as you don't change your job etc.. So no worries.. Even if wp expire before U get BOWP.. U don't need to quit your job.. Just tell your employer U hv applied and r on implied status now.. And U are eligible to work on implied status.. If asked by employer that is

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
kairulez said:
Hey guys,

Thanks!
No need to worry , you can work as implied status until you not get BOWP

Good Luck